Wednesday, 30 December 2015

My love. . .

It's New Year's Eve here in Aotearoa and people are already starting to gear up to a big night with friends and family, out and about, or in and around the place so it's going to be quite hectic.  There's already been a few car crashes reported on the motorway (highway) because people are either already under the influence of alcohol or just speeding in a hurry to get intoxicated.

And when I go away
I know my heart can stay with my love
It's understood, it's in the hands of my love
And my love does it good

Paul's vocal in this song is well controlled and so smooth.  There's something about the texture of his voice in this song that is particularly tender.  New Year's Eve leans itself towards reflecting on a huge year that is almost behind you and a new one that is full of promise.  Have you been able to reconcile what your heart has been involved in last year with your love?  With other people?  There would have definitely been opportunities for learning that would have presented themselves.  If history keeps repeating, then the new year promises to be more of the same - unless you heed the lesson you are meant to learn.  I visited my love at the cemetery today.  I know my true heart lies in his hands.    

Wo wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo
My love does it good

And when the cupboard's bare
I'll still find somethin' there with my love
It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
And my love does it good

How do you cope when the cupboard is bare?  Do you rush to try and fill it up so that they can be full again?  Do you take your time filling it up with selected items that you painstakingly pore over in the supermarket?  Or do you not really care that your cupboard is bare?  It's a matter of perception isn't it?  That no matter what the daily mundane activities bring you - as long as you are everywhere with your love - nothing really matters.  Since my love has passed away, it feels like he actually is everywhere.  I don't think that I will be able to love quite the same again.  Funny what hindsight does to you; it makes everything much more clear, the lessons you've learned more vivid and it should forearm you with the tools to be able to see in the new year with greater confidence and anticipation of more good things to come.  



Oh, I love, oh, my love
Only my love holds the other key to me
Oh, my love, oh, my love
Only my love does it good to me


Wo wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo
My love does it good

Since my love has left, I have had to find other people to connect with and love.  Of course I'm not talking about a replacement (or replacements!) but more along the lines of my soul or spirit needing to connect with people so that my mind can continue to function; to have my soul fed and spirit shine amongst who allow it to "be".  Most of the time I have connected with people who haven't been able to give me things, but in actual fact, I have been able to give things to them.  I have had other friends who I have known for most of my adult life who have not been fans of this new venture of mine - loving people by connecting with them and I've met people in different situations and different contexts and I have learned so much.  I think this is what Loma has been able to teach me, this is what my love did quite good - he was able to connect and listen to people quite well.  Often he would tell me, "don't try to solve people's problems - just listen to them and they will be able to solve their own problems, you just need to sit quietly and listen".  Yes indeed - my love does it good. . . 

Don't ever ask me why
Lord, I never say goodbye to my love
It's understood, it's everywhere with my love
And my love, she does it good

Oh, my love, oh, my love

Only my love does it good to me

I know I will never really say goodbye to my love.
I have said goodbye to him physically, his flesh - but his spirit and soul visits me often I know, through music,  I think it was something he taught me to cherish when we were together so that it would be something that he would leave to me, to help me get on with my life without him.

This is the last blog post for 2015 - I hope that you continue to read my posts.
Thank you to all of you from around the world who read what I write.
I had never dreamed that people who live halfway across the world would be interested in reading my views on . . . well pretty much anything.

I hope that you find happiness in 2016.
I don't wish for anything else because you can wish for what you like.
All I know is that the greatest thing I can hope for you all is happiness - because I know we need that most in our lives.  When we know love, humility, kindness, courage - all of these lovely attributes and qualities will bring us true happiness.

So I leave you in the last day of 2015 here in Aotearoa, with my love. . . 

Wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo . . .