Thursday, 24 December 2015

If I needed someone. . .

When you have a strong connection with someone, 
you will tend to think along the same wavelength.

I was alerted to the fact that The Beatles and their beautiful music has just become available on Spotify and I will probably be blogging about a few of their masterpieces for at least a couple of months, so bear with me while I explore some of great songs that have found some resonance with me.  I had seen the notification for this before I was even alerted to it, but it is nice when planets align and all that, particularly when great minds think alike :-)

If I needed someone to love
You're the one that I'd be thinking of
If I needed someone

There haven't been many people that I've needed over the years, a symptom I think of someone who always seems to be relied upon on by others and I have to a large extent been quite self sufficient in that way, even when I am in large groups of people, I can adapt and be a team player because my training has lent myself towards a life of service that I can't deny, nor hope to ignore; these are strengths and skills that are rarely taught in modern society, so I value having a cultural heritage that cultivates this and allows me the opportunities to transfer them into other key areas of my life.



If I had some more time to spend
Then I guess I'd be with you my friend
If I needed someone

I guess it's a reassuring thing to know if you have someone if you needed someone, to spend time with.  There are always people that want to "use" your time, but don't want to "spend" time with you, because that involves them giving up their own time, by giving it to you.  This is what is meant by time being precious, that you should spend more of it, if you have the time, with the one you needed, should you need to.  This verse makes me smile in the sense that it denotes a preference for who you spend time with and if you had more time to spend, who you would spend the time with.  This begs the question of - would you then spend more time, if you had it, with the right people?  That's a simple enough question, and if the answer is - well I don't do that right now as it is - then that means you need to start cutting off the wrong people in your life.  

Had you come some other day
Then it might not have been like this
But you see now I'm too much in love

I have discovered getting to know you, that I have confirmed what Loma used to say about me all the time.  He used to talk a lot about me being in love with the idea of love.  I'm a firm believer of the fact that certain people are drawn into your life because you either attract them or there is some type of lesson that needs to be learned from those individuals - and there's the funny thing about the lessons - they might teach you those lessons explicitly or they are taught to you implicitly and you have to apply some inference there.  I am in love with the idea of love, because I can feel that love is the strongest and most profound of that of the human points of expression that even though we think we know what it means, we are hard pressed to know how we feel what it means.  We never surrender ourselves or give ourselves to love in that sense - the process through which we can learn ourselves the best, by seeing how we are able to connect and interact with people through the various shades of love - ranging from platonic to romantic, heck even demonic - because you never know how deep the extremes can be until you're right in the thick of it.

Carve your number on my wall
And maybe you will get a call from me
If I needed someone
Ah. . ah. . ah. . ah. . . 

Thanks for being someone that I can call when I need help with something, when I need to have a sounding board.  I know that you can do the same with me and call me if you need someone too.  Those are the reciprocal things that we do for each other and there are lessons learned on both sides.

It's important to have someone that you can call and it doesn't matter how trivial or how earth shattering a dilemma or drama may be - there is nothing that can't be solved without a well planned approach or game plan that sets things into motion.  

But most of all, it's just good to be myself, if I needed someone to be real with :-)