Sunday, 6 December 2015

Brain. . .

But it's all the same
Like I had foreseen
That you would act like you are
Oh so cool you seem
Blending with that scene
Wearing what you think is hard

I have always hated it when you think know somebody and then in front of other people they put on this facade.  I learned this about early on in my life, and nothing has really changed apart from the fact that it seems to follow me with different groups of people that I know in different contexts.  I think when people choose to wear their conformity on a sleeve in particular circles, it can be quite boring for me to watch, especially when I think that it's really important to be yourself and not worry too much about trying to impress people.  Don't get me wrong, it's important to present your best self at all times, but I struggle sometimes to understand why people choose to show their different selves when they know that I all from them is authenticity - the person that they are when it's just the two of us.  Is it really hard to be yourself?  Whatever that self is?

I can see you struggling
Boy, don't hurt your brain
Thinking what you're gonna say
Cause everything's a game
Always trying to calculate
Trying to look smart but not too smart
To threaten anything they say

What do you call men like this - posers?  I'm reminded of a Richard Attenborough nature documentary detailing the posturing stances of alpha males of whatever species as they approach the females they are interested in pursuing.  I hate it when men try to overthink, try to think too much and try to impress you with how smart they are by sharing as many facts as possible, discuss current events and music genres because they know you like that sort of thing - I understand they are trying to make conversation and get to know me, but I can smell a calculating man who can't handle a calculating woman.


But it's all the same
I could have foreseen
That you would act like you are
Oh so cool you seem
Blending with that scene
Wearing what you think is hard

When I've questioned him in the past about why he acted different, he couldn't really answer.
He couldn't articulate that it's just what you do when you're with your boys, that you just pretend to be the one that has it all sorted out, the one who's well put together and the one the boys look up to.  When I've questioned him before why he said something different to his friends to what he told me in private, he said that I had heard it wrong, or his friends got it all wrong, I mean has he forgotten that his friends partners were my friends too and that's how I found stuff out?  

I can see you struggling
Boy, don't hurt your brain
Thinking what you're gonna say
Cause everything's a game
Always trying to calculate
Trying to look smart but not too smart
To threaten anything they say

You've probably heard that it pays to be with a woman who is on your intellectual level or is smarter than you.  I think it's actually better to be with a woman who is smarter than you, so that you can make her feel special in other ways, because sometimes men think with the wrong head anyway which is why all the blood from the brain rushes there, which leaves the women to pick up the slack in that sense.  I'm not saying all men think with their downstairs heads, but the majority of men that I have known in the past - have tended to think that way.

I hope you know which brain to use then :-)