Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Already there. . .

There must be a better way to escape my scenery
Don't want to look far and waste my energy
Travelling down the same old street

It can be very easy to get stuck in a rut or look at your life and think that you are going nowhere fast.  So what do you do to get out of this situation?  When you can't afford to get away to recharge your batteries and have that change of scenery, how can you feel as if you have left home and escaped for a bit?  Do you have ways in which you can escape without using too much energy, because granted, you probably don't have much energy to begin with anyway.

There must be a doorway
Leading to the pretty blue
Don't have to turn no key to get there
Just a little thought of you

For me, this verse speaks about being able to get away and escape your scenery by creating spaces in your mind so that you can instantly transport yourself there; somewhere completely accessible that doesn't require any hard core security because nobody knows what to look for anyway, to be honest ha!  Who do you think of that stands at the door to let you through?  Who stands at the portal of your daydreams?



Oh, there's a beautiful place
Somewhere way beyond the trees
Don't have to wish it down
Like it's too hard to reach
I'm already there in my dreams
Already there in my dreams

I think it's really important to be able to quickly access your "happy place", especially when you are constantly being bombarded with a shitty reality that you may be submerged in - that you struggle to work against the grain, because you may be overwhelmed with life trying to get on top of you.  Are you able to be there in your dreams despite all of this happening in your context?  You will most likely have heard that you are the creator of your current reality.  Of course if you are in situations where war has ravaged your country or you are in a conflict that is a consequence of decisions made by other people - that is not the reality of course that you will have created.  The reality I'm talking about is the one that you have contributed to with your own creation.  How did you make things the way they are in your world?

Oh, I know this better fate
Don't have to listen to the sounds that the world makes
Close my eyes and lift away
Hear the music start to change

I firmly believe that everyone is the composer or arranger of their own life.
You need to be able to master the elements of music available to you and despite what you may think, you have access to all than you ever dreamed - just because we can't see it now, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist for us.  We don't need to sing or play the music that the world makes - we have the power to create our own music that soothes us, that inspires us, that empowers us and we can choose to share our melodies and harmonies with others to create our own masterpieces and use rhythm to ensure that we all have hearts beating the same patterns - synchronisation is the key.

Oh, there's a beautiful place

Somewhere way beyond the trees
Don't have to wish it down
Like it's too hard to reach
I'm already there in my dreams
Already there in my dreams
Already there in my dreams
Already there in my dreams
Already there in my dreams
Already there in my dreams. . . 

I hope that you will find the time in your life to create your own music, your own masterpiece and readily visit your dreams in your mind more often, because you are meant to be living your best life right now.  You don't have to wish it down, you just need to believe that there are no barriers to your greatest desires because you are meant to be the trailblazer who pioneers innovate solutions that will speak to future generations.  I guess I'm calling out to all the legacy leaders who I know who walk with me and stand with me, already there in my dreams. . .