Thursday, 24 December 2015

Across the universe. . .

This blog post is dedicated to +M.L Sesega 

You asked me if I listened to The Beatles much and I said yes.
I have listened to their music on and off over the years, learning how to play their well known tracks here and there, singing their songs in primary school/elementary school choirs (it was obvious that the choir leader was a huge Beatles fan) and learning how to play them in keyboard lessons during the beginning of high school as an introduction into learning about composition was an interesting exercise in itself.

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me
Jai Guru Deva OM

You write songs probably as much as I write blog posts, furiously but always binning things saying they're not good enough, whereas I would just keep them as drafts until something speaks in me to finish them, either divine intervention or I apply myself I guess.  There is no such thing as a wasted refrain or useless lyrics - they're just in some kind of infantile stage that is underdeveloped and all that's required is time and space to allow it to form into something recognisable and ready to be released across the universe.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes
They call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe

I haven't seen the movie Across the universe yet.  I know you've been hounding me to see it and I will.  When I think about images of broken light, it makes me wonder if I am meant to fix these lights so that they shine brighter, because I think those million eyes are pairs of eyes that are looking to me for help in that sense, to help them be complete and full in their light again, so that they can continue to shine in their own corners of the universe.  I have often heard the rattling of empty letterboxes when the wind has been in them, shaking the inside of the letterbox about as if to search for letters or packages that it sense is on the way but hasn't quite yet arrived.  I wonder if we are aware of how much we can sense things making their way across the universe to us, if we only applied ourselves. . . 


Sounds of laughter, shades of life are ringing through my ears
Inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on, across the universe
Jai Guru Deva OM

I think what I've learned the most about myself this year is to not be judgemental.
The challenge lies in not being swift to focus on people's weaknesses (that's just too easy) and their transgressions (because I can't judge, nobody can), so looking for the good in everyone, developing that Pollyanna syndrome has been helpful because I think as I grow older, I am growing more compassionate.  I guess it's a calling from the universe then, that there is an undying love that calls to me, to share this deep love I have for love, to share it with others and get them to be more in touch with how love manifests itself as happiness for themselves.  

Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world

I hope the only thing that needs to change in your world is what needs to change.
I hope that negative things don't threaten to change your world but if it does, that there will be lessons that you learn in order to see the million suns that need to shine around you :-)

Jai Guru Deva. . .