Thursday, 10 December 2015

28 thousand days. . .

This blog post is dedicated to everyone who need to live their best lives. . . right now :-)

I can always rely on Alicia Keys to deliver her soulful melodies with lyrics to match.  She's very much an artist I admire with her impressive songwriting talent and how she puts it altogether into music that I know is hers when I hear it.  For example Million Dollar Bill by Whitney Houston. in which Alicia is one of the key writers; hearing Whitney sing the song I can easily hear Alicia's influence in the melodic motifs that pepper the song.  

I imagine this track would be a great song to listen to while you're studying (what I'm doing right now) and also while you're training in the gym or running somewhere as the song lends itself to being a fantastic way to kick off your day.  Another great idea would be to visit this website - www.28thousanddays.com - and check out how you can start living your best life right now :-)

Blood in my eye, hand on my heart
Feet on the ground, head to the sky
Cause trouble ain't no friend of mine
Ain't no giving up,  no more wasting time

The thing about not giving up is that it means you have to hold it down.  Dig your heels in and be prepared for things or people to come at you correct, but you need to also make sure that you stay grounded, yet look straight ahead, stand tall and stay focused on where you need to go.  You should be able to see the endless possibilities that stretch before you in your life, see where the possible trouble spots are likely to be and steer clear where necessary because I think if you intentionally try to move into where trouble follows you around like a bad smell, then you should stop complaining about the mess you get yourself in, because subconsciously you enjoy wasting time, more than you're letting on and even more than you realise.  If there's anything I've learned in my relatively short life thus far, I either eliminate trouble or I resolve it somehow.  I certainly don't have time in my life to waste on people who insist on making trouble a friend of theirs.


Back from hell with my angel wings
Ain't no fear in my voice
Cause I'm making a choice
The devil ain't no friend of mine
And that clock on the wall is just telling me
(That there's just. . . )

One important piece of advice that my older brother shared with me on one of my many turning points in my life was - it's easy to bad, but really hard to be good.  I have often thought about that idea when I've been at a crossroads in my life about which fork in the road to take - the good one or the bad one.  I define good to mean a pathway that doesn't hurt anyone, a pathway that honours others and it's a pathway where genuine and sincere love lies.  I define bad to mean a pathway where destruction (self and otherwise) live, a pathway that hurts people and it's a pathway where love is abused in so many ways that it becomes unrecognisable, that people make excuses for why they treat love this way between each other and it's not even love anymore.  I think I made a choice long ago about the types of pathways I would head down or follow and I can confidently say that I have been to hell and back on the odd occasion and I've gained some perspective in how I want to live my life.

If you had 28 thousand days 
Who would you love? Where would you go?

If I knew how many days I had on this earth I would love everyone, even my enemies and go where my heart decided to take me.  Life is extremely short.  I've had people taken from me in my lifetime who I never thought would leave; their lives cut short because it was taken out of my hands that they would be here longer than they needed to be.  I think because I've lost these loved ones, it has taught me to love and give love, even when my friends and family think I can be overly generous and give too much or give too truly - I sometimes wonder, how much love is too much anyway?  I guess it depends on the person you are giving love to - whether they are comfortable to receive your love or not.

What would you celebrate?
I'm telling you that life's too short to just throw it away

I would hope that you would live your life by celebrating yourself.
Too many people don't know what their gifts and talents are and struggle to accept that they are just amazing.  I mean, it's not that you have to be a conceited individual, but I am talking about having a healthy respect for your gifts and talents, knowing what you want to develop within yourself and surrounding yourself with a team of people who will be able to bring those gifts and talents to life on a daily basis.  I can't imagine not living my life to the fullest because my life has been perceived by others to be extremely full already but I'm not talking about time here, I'm talking about priorities.

So how do you know that you're throwing your life away?  Here are a couple of questions:
1) Do you feel happy about your life when you wake up?
2) Do you feel happy about your life when you go to sleep?
3) Are other people happy to see you and value your input into their lives?
4) Are you helping others to realise their true potential?

For me, if you answered no to any of the above questions, then you're throwing your life away.
Make those changes today so that you can start mapping out your own 28 thousand days.
Why am I saying this?  Simply so you can have the time of your life, so have the time of your life. . .