Thursday, 5 November 2015

I've told you now. . .

It can be excruciatingly painful trying to wait for someone to come clean with something you suspect they are feeling.  They might choose to send cryptic messages that leave you wondering - what did I just read?  What am I supposed to get from this?  What have I said in the past that has lead them to sending me cryptic messages?  Why am I over thinking this?

You know what I mean 
It's like walking in the heat all day with no water
It's like waiting for a friend
Watching everybody else meet theirs on that corner
Or losing in an argument
Though you're right, can't get your thoughts in order

Can you imagine yourself in other people's shoes in this situation?  I often wonder why people can't be honest about their feelings.  Is it because they're worried about not having those same feelings reciprocated?  It can be difficult to try and find ways to articulate the words that could potentially be responsible for a friendship being ruined or having the truth out in such a way that you can't take it back.  Those are risks that you must be willing to wait if you require an answer.  You run the risk of hearing an answer that you don't want to hear, or you might hear an answer that might change everything and everyone in it.

Still I refrain
From talking at you, talking on 
You know me well
I don't explain

Do you hate it when people don't communicate?  I hate people who mumble.  It's like they lack the confidence to speak up and don't think that they are worth listening to.  Everyone is important, so speak up when you can.  I wish you would explain what you're refraining from speaking.  I sometimes think that I don't know you well enough actually, because it's not that you can't explain, because you are definitely physically capable of it - you just don't.  



But what the hell
Why do you think I come 'round here on my free will
Wasting all my precious time
Oh the truth spills out
And ooooooooo now I've
I've told you now

That's the thing about truth - it might be something from someone that you don't want to hear, but it could be something that you definitely need to hear, especially if it's something that's been locked  way down deep inside of them that they need to unleash and tell you - the person that they have been harbouring secret feelings about or ideas of things that they've dreamed about but been too afraid to say anything in case you didn't reciprocate.  I can imagine it might be a huge relief once unleashed.  When the truth spills out it suggests that you would've pushed to your limits and there was no option but for it to come out.  Throw caution to the wind and just let it flow.

You know what I mean
Although I try my best, I still let down the team
You're everything I want
Why should I resist when you are there for me 

I don't know what team you would be letting down if you tried your best.  I imagine a team would be a support network for you, people that you could lean on when you needed to have them there for you.  If you think that someone is everything that you want, then you do need to tell them, especially if they're clueless and have no idea.  I imagine it must be torture to go about your day and have little fantasies or dreams about what your life would be like with that someone, you can see it pan out so clearly in your mind's eye that it almost feels real.  So I guess it's understandable if you're struggling with resistance, or not, since you've given into yourself and no longer resisted.

I've told you now
And I've told you now
And I've told you now. . . 

I hope that when you tell her/him that you are prepared for what the response will be.
It's hard to say how things will pan out because things and people, interact differently and just when you think things are going the way you want them to - but then it doesn't, so what are you left with?  A whole bunch of questions that accompanied the truth that just spilled out.

I guess all you can do is hope.
Just hope that the response that you get will not be what you are afraid to hear, but it will be the response that will make you smile back, to match the answering smile on their face :-)