Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Dreams in my head. . .

If you read my blog posts religiously then you'll know that there's been a common theme around relationships and love (or whatever seems to pass for love these days!).  People have asked me (just quietly) if I am talking about specific individuals or generally just want to know if I'm talking about myself.  I guess it's a bit of both, but I seem to embroiled in many situations with very many different people who are all going through the various stages of what it means to be in a relationship and I find that fascinating.  I think it has to do with the closeness that can happen between two people and the secret world that you create for each other that doesn't seem to exist anywhere else and the fact that you can also comment on what's happening in the rest of the world and how it impacts on yours.

You may not remember me
I am the girl with the tear in her eye
And I never expected a call from you
But thinking about it now I guess I did
I guess I did

It's always good to hear from people that you least expect to hear from - regardless of whether you got in touch with them or they are someone from your past or someone that you don't even really know but they have taken the time to reach out to you - just connecting to people is a pretty cool thing to think about and explore however you like.  In social settings it can be pretty awkward when you come across someone that you've met before or locked eyes across a crowded room and you share a smile.  I've often found myself in situations where I've connected with someone because either they were upset over something, or I was going through something traumatic and they happened to be there.  Funny how situations pan themselves out in this way.

Cos I have all these dreams in my head
Of you and I waking in each other's arms
If only I could tell you how I feel
Then I wouldn't have to sit and think about losing you
But it's just a dream
I have in my head

A hopeless dreamer will never entertain the idea of converting their dreams into reality for numerous reasons - but the fear of rejection is number one.  It's probably easier to have these dreams in your head so that you can protect yourself from getting hurt but what kind of a life is that?  You must be willing to put yourself out there and experience relationships and love in all of its shapes and forms - and if that includes getting hurt, then there are lessons to be learned about loving and losing that love - it's part of being human and having that human experience.  Perfect love only exists in our dreams right?


The moon is up and I'm shaking my head
It's been another day of missing you
Of missing you
And on this island there's the two of us
Sinking in the sand with our desperate love
Our desperate love

Do you think about being stranded on a deserted island with the person you're missing?  Sinking in the sand with your desperate love sounds like you can't hope to control your surroundings or even the pull of nature on your desperate love either - is it because you are desperate to survive so that you can keep the love alive?

Cos I have all these dreams in my head
Of you and I waking in each other's arms
If only I could tell you how I feel
Then I wouldn't have to sit and think about losing you
But it's just a dream
I have in my head

I hope that we spend more time taking chances in life rather than keeping our dreams in our head.  Of course there are some dreams that are nice to keep there to sustain us and give us hope through difficult times, but I'm talking about the kind of dreams where you don't know what you're missing out on because you don't think you're good enough, not ready or have never seen yourself experiencing the kind of love that you don't need to dream about anymore, because it will materialise and manifest itself, if you only believe in yourself :-)

If you could see my heart is bleeding
I'll stay here now and wait for you to show. . .