Friday, 9 October 2015

You're still you. . .

Through the darkness I can see your light
And you will always shine and I can feel your heart in mine
Your face I've memorised, I've idolised just you

If it's one thing I can rely on, it's your complete faith in me.  It astounds me sometimes because I don't expect the type of care or level of concern that you display for me, because I guess at the end of the day, I can't rely on others for happiness; too many situations have taught me that.  These are extremely hard life lessons to learn in that respect but I think once you can learn to trust genuine people who have the authentic care of you in mind, it's a very liberating thing to be able to trust people in such a high regard.  It also still amazes me when you can sometimes feel extremely sad, achingly so, but people still see your light in the darkness.  I sometimes wonder if in some weird kind of way, that your light shines brighter that way, especially when you are feeling vulnerable or think that your light dims when you feel depleted or diminished somewhat.

I look up to, everything you are
In my eyes you do no wrong
I've loved you for so long
And after all that's said and done
You're still you
After all, you're still you

Have you ever had someone look up to you for everything?  That they honestly believe that everything that defines you makes you attractive to them, because you inspire those same aspirations in them, to be everything that you are?  I guess it's a flattering thing (not designed to creep you out of course) because people see qualities in you that they wish they possessed or were able to cultivate.  Are you in a position to help them develop these personality attributes or traits as well?



You walk past me, I can feel your pain
Time changes everything, one truth always stays the same
You're still you, after all, you're still you

I guess the more time that you spend with people, getting to know what makes them tick and learn how they have developed the personality attributes or traits that you wish to possess; you begin to understand exactly what the implications are for you - whether they were born with it or whether they learned it, the classic nature vs. nurture debate.  Even when time passes, the greatest character traits that you possess, particularly those that others want to claim for themselves as well, these will remain with you always; this is the truth about you that stays the same.  What are some other qualities that you would like to develop?  The pain you're probably feeling from the person you admire, is probably due to the pressure they are under that you're absorbing - the fact that they must be under some intense pressure to be able to sustain such qualities, to continue to be the light in the darkness to lead others to their own homes - wherever they may be.

I look up to, everything you are

In my eyes you do no wrong
An d I believe in you, although you never asked me to
And I will always remember you, and what life has put you through
And through this cruel and lonely world, I found one love, you're still you
After all, you're still you. . . 

Even when you don't ask others to believe in you, there is a sense of obligation and responsibility that comes with being a role model in this sense.  If there is someone in your life that loves you or cares for you in circumstances when you need care the most, be grateful for them.  There will be times when people will cross your path, whether you are there for them, or whether they are there for you.  Just remember you're still you. . .