Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Tell me it's real. . .

This track is a song request from +Anaru White 

K-Ci and JoJo dominated the r'n'b scene from the mid 90s when they were part of the hugely successful Jodeci.  Their special brand of r'n'b with their unique blend (it helps when you are brothers) made them a distinctive and highly popular duo.  A slow jam mix tape would not be complete without any of their songs.  This track is no exception.

Tell me it's real, the feeling that we feel, tell me that it's real
Don't let love come, just to pass us by
Try, is all we have to do, it's up to me and you
To make this special love last forever more

How would you not know if the feeling is real?  Can you tell yourself what the feeling is?  Sometimes we need to be able to voice it out loud to ourselves, just to check that what we're feeling is what we think it is, before we say it out loud to someone; the someone that you think you are feeling this feeling with.  But I guess that's the nature of feeling love right, it's not something logical or something to think about - you just do it - you just feel it!

Baby you told me that you love me and you'd never leave my side
Through the bitter end through the thick and thin
You promised me baby that you wasn't going anywhere, yes you did
Baby keep it real let me know just how you feel

The tricky thing about loving someone is knowing when you are starting to fall out of love.  It's the falling in love that made you high and the being in love (according to Michael Jackson) but it's hard to stay in love, because there are things that happen that could affect a relationship, and the people that are in the relationship may find themselves changing and growing - if not together - then apart.  So how can you keep things real?  How can you be honest and let someone know how you feel - particularly if there is scope that they will be hurt?  Are you afraid to tell someone how much you love them because it might scare them away?  That's almost just as bad - sabotaging your own relationship because you can't trust enough in the relationship for it to work, so you spend time trying to ruin something that isn't broken, something that is actually quite beautiful and fragile, yet totally worth having.


I can't explain the way you make me feel
Every time that you tell me that you love me and you know that you did so many times
Just when I thought that love would never be a part of me
That's when you came along and showed me happiness 
Baby you are the best, I think you're different from the rest
I really love you

Do you need to be able to explain how you feel?  The intensity of your love for the other person might not have the necessary or adequate words to describe how you feel.  When someone comes along and shows you happiness, you probably acted suspicious and threw yourself headlong into denial because the only times you opened yourself up to love, you got hurt.  The problem with getting hurt is that it's up to you to dictate the time it takes for that hurt to heal.  So when someone shows up in your life and shows you how love is supposed to feel and it makes you happy - why deny yourself that happiness?  

Tell me it's real
This feeling that I feel
Tell me it's real
For your love
I will do anything

How much doubt can one person hold?  It is natural to question and be sceptical of whether someone genuinely has feelings for you - the only way is not to trust their words, but definitely trust their actions.  Someone very wise once told me, don't tell me you love me, show me.  I have never heard truer words when it comes to love and when those actions speak louder than words, that has been all the proof that I need to know what love is.  What would you do for love to know if it's real?

Tell me it's real, the feeling that we feel, tell me that it's real
Don't let love come, just to pass us by
Try, is all we have to do, it's up to me and you
To make this special love last forever more

I hope that you have the chance to tell someone that your feelings are real.  If your love is a special love and worth holding onto, then you owe it to your loved one to make it last forever.  I imagine it to be the kind of forever that you don't even think about it, because you just take each day as it comes and make each day feel like it's the last on earth.  If that's one thing that I could pass onto you - it's to enjoy a special love that is timeless and cannot be measured by time.  Try, is all we have to do, it's up to me and you. . .