Saturday, 17 October 2015

One call away. . .

This track is a song endorsement from +Dave Fa'avae 

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

I heard this song for the first time yesterday when my friend +Dave Fa'avae asked me if I had heard it.  He said that he prefers Charlie Puth to Sam Smith. To each their own I guess ha!  There is surely some comfort that comes from knowing that you can call someone and they can change the pear-shaped outlook or direction of your situation with a single phone call or cry for help.  Have there been many people that have saved you when you least expected it? I owe a lot to my friend in the past few days for being a brilliant critical friend in terms of my research.  So it is fitting that the song that he is endorsing sort of describes the impact he has had in helping me come to terms with my thought processes and how I am thinking about where to take my doctoral research.  Thanks brother :-)

Call me baby, if you need a friend
I just wanna give you love
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon
Reaching out to you, so take a chance

No matter where you go
You know you're not alone

Do you think about who you communicate with on a regular basis?  There are many levels of communication for example, we call people because we might need to liaise with them for work or business purposes, to call people because we need a service from them to help run our households or we call people because we just like to connect with people that make us feel good about who we are.  I can remember parts of conversations and whole sections of conversations with people that have made a lasting impact on me.  When you find yourself going through life and not knowing which direction to follow or seek out for yourself, it is those parts and sections of conversations, those simple phrases that will ring in my ears when I feel like giving up.


Come along and don't be scared
I just wanna set you free
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon
You and make can make it anywhere
For now, we can stay here for a while
Cause you know, I wanna see you smile

Do you like sitting in quiet places and just being still with someone?  Those are the times when you might feel like words are unnecessary because they detract from the moment.  I smile when I think about someone trying to set me free though.  I think it can be easy to set you free physically from things and other people but it's being able to free yourself from the prison in your mind that requires more effort.

And when you're weak I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long
Darling, and when you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms. . . 

Would it be a useful thing to run into the arms of others when you're facing some dire circumstances in difficult situations?  I'm not sure whether that would be a useful thing in terms of doing that because you shouldn't burden yourself onto other people; yet you might have people in your life who would like to do that for you and offer their support to you in this way.  It would be great if you had those types of people in your life, who can help kickstart some hope in your life if you find yourself feeling like you've lost hope.

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

I think hope is one of the greatest things that you can have in your life and something you can't live without.  So don't associate with people who steal any hope that you have for your future, and more importantly your present. as we live in the moment.

I know that when I need to, my hope in humanity can be revived again because you are only one call away. . .