Tuesday, 27 October 2015

I didn't know my own strength. . .

For everyone who needs to know that they are stronger than they will ever know. . . 

Lost touch with my soul
I had nowhere to turn, nowhere to go
Lost sight of my dream
Thought it would be the end of me

We will always find ourselves at our most vulnerable, at our lowest points of our lives when we start to lose touch of who we are - when we forget who we are before we pledged love to others, before we bore children, before we sacrificed everything that we ever wanted so that we could be everything to everyone else. . . and not ourselves.  Is it any wonder that you have lost touch with your soul?  Where can you turn, where can you turn to reclaim yourself and start living the life you were always meant to live?

I thought I'd never make it through
I had no hope to hold onto
I, I thought I would break

One of the most beautiful and poignant moments of your life will come when you suddenly realise that you are not as fragile as you thought you were - because you were too busy what everyone was saying about you - because they saw fit to try and break you.  But who can break you?  The beautiful soul that I see standing before me with so much promise and determination.  I can see things in your eyes that you can't even see in yourself, and I can't wait to show you how much I believe in you.  The only hope you ever need to think about holding onto - is the one that comes from within yourself.  It's been inside you all along!

I didn't know my own strength
And I crashed down and I tumbled but I did not crumble
I got through all the pain
I didn't know my own strength

I think once we know our breaking point and understand what we look like when we get to those lowest points, when we can confront ourselves and understand how we feel when we are broken on the floor, but fail to disintegrate - it is through all of that pain that we have managed to push past - that we see exactly how strong we are.  Strength doesn't come from being strong all the time - it can actually come the times when you can succumb to the pain and the weakness away from public view and handle it graciously in your own stride.


Survived my darkest hour, my faith kept me alive
I picked myself back up, hold my head up high
I was not built to break
I didn't know my own strength

You will go for long periods of your life without as many darkest hours.  I honestly believe that the reason for this is that, even when those dark hours arrive at your doorstep, they lose a little bit of their darkness in each instance because your inner light is able to counter that darkness; you have learned the lessons that you need to learn to enable yourself to be the strength that you need, to know that you haven't been built to break, to weaken and not be able to shoulder the burdens that people will insist that you carry.  Keep that faith alive in your heart, in your soul, because if you don't protect it or entrust other people whom you can trust to help you protect that faith, you won't be able to pick yourself up or hold your head up high.

Found hope in my heart
I found the light to light my way out of the dark
Found all that I need here inside of me

What did you find inside all of you?  Can you tell me what you've found?  I'm pretty sure it's what I've always seen inside you.  I guess I'm only meant to be here to hold up the mirror for you, so that you can see.  I don't know why I can see the best in you; I just do.  I hope that in some way, I have been that light for you; to be able to shine the light, to resonate with the answering light that has been inside you all this time.  I mean, it probably explains why we can see each other's light, right?

I thought I'd never find my way
I thought I'd never lift that weight
I thought I would break

You no longer need to think anymore.  I want you to start feeling what you need to feel at this point in your life.  Start feeling the shift in yourself, the self discovery that you have made about yourself and how that makes you happy.  You always knew that you had a way to guide yourself, I was just standing on the sidelines at the right moments cheering you on.  The weight has always been heavy for you, just heavy enough for you to know that it required some effort and patience for you to be able to find ways to carry it, but I can tell you, it was never meant to break you; it was meant to make you.

There were so many times I wondered
How I'd get through the night
I thought I took all that I could take. . . 

I hope that you understand that you will come across many nights like this.
What you need to remember is that you can find your own ways for dealing with these nights, know what lies deep within yourself to be able to shift you back into a positive mindset and believe in yourself even more, because you are a beautiful soul that deserves to shine in this world.

Always remember you were not built to break, you just got to know your own strength. . .