Saturday, 17 October 2015

Healer. . .

This blog post is dedicated to those who need some healing in their lives. . . 

Sometimes I feel so temporary
Just like these stars
Did somebody say, they might not even be there anyway
I lie awake, and think of all the time it might take to reach them
Where did you go
It's always I don't know, I don't know

Do you sometimes feel like you are temporary in this world?  You tend to think of things like this when the media is saturated with loss of human life around the world, even people you might have lost in your own country, in your local community, personally in your own lives.  You start to think about being able to reach outside of yourself, out to something else that you might not be able to reach, the intangible, the invisible to find some sort of sense, to make some sort of sense about what seems elusive to you.  It's definitely part of the human condition isn't it; to be able to make sense of what your purpose is in life, what your contribution is going to be; how are you going to get there?

Carry me over, if you're a healer
Because I don't know how long I'm gonna be here
Tear me down, could you save my soul
Give me a reason to carry on

Do you need to be carried?  Do you need to find a healer?  There will be many reasons for you to consider why things happen to you, why you think your soul needs saving and why you feel this state of being temporary when we often fool ourselves into believing that everything lasts forever, well, as long as we are able to stay alive to see it of course.  One funny thought I've always had, even as a child, is that we never really know what happens after death, because well, you would have to experience that for yourself to know for sure.  What I mean to say is that everyone experiences things differently, and as much as people say "me too!" or experience similar things - it's never quite the same.  Does it have to be?  Just carry on!



Sometimes I feel so temporary
Just like those summer days
If I close my eyes, I can hear you laughing
And time is a friend
When broken hearts are trying to mend like this one
If I close my eyes, I can feel you're with me

The thing about summer days is that they remain golden in your mind.  I still remember the stickiness of ice cream on my fingers, the feel of sand between my toes, the spray of sea salt on my face, the smell of barbecue on the grill, loud happy music playing on the wind.  I can still remember the laughter of people and you can instantly tell which laugh belongs to which person.  I can close my eyes and replay those memories in my mind anytime that I feel like doing so.

Carry me over, if you're a healer

Because I don't know how long I'm gonna be here
Tear me down, if you can spare my soul
Give me a reason to carry on

I hope that whatever difficulties and challenges you face, that you are able to self-heal if you can't find healers who can be there for you.  I have learned that no matter what the obstacles are, it's always important to carry on. . .