Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Good times. . .

Wo ah la la ta da, no la ta da, la da da all night long . . . 

This song has been sitting in my drafts folder for a while and I've been meaning to write about it for some time.  I don't think there are enough songs in the world that are just there to listen to for pure fun, pleasure, leisure and just to simply enjoy.  I think about the marimbas or xylophones in the background and it reminds me of primary/elementary school where we would play on these instruments and drive our teachers nuts when she would yell out for us to stop and we would giggle and carry on.  It's that same kind of mischievous laughter that I associate with hearing this song, dancing around the room with your friends, or in a club with possibly something a bit heavier (and somewhat more deafening if not louder) and just enjoying the moment.  We need to enjoy more moments in our lives.

Yeah, come on and let the good times roll
We're gonna stay here till we soothe our souls
If it take all night long 
One more time, come on & let the good times roll
We're gonna stay here till we soothe our souls
If it take all night long

Do you look forward to spending quality time with your friends 'letting loose'?  I'm a huge believer in working hard and playing hard.  Some friends find that hard to believe as I'm seen to be such a workaholic but sometimes I surprise even myself when I fully immerse myself in some frolicking (who frolics anymore these days apart from Puff the Magic Dragon?).  But you know what I mean :-)


Gotta tell you, evenin' sun is sinkin' low
The clock on the wall says it's time to go
I got my plans, I don't know about you
I'll tell you exactly what I'm gonna do

The thing about intention is being able to follow through.  Do you find it easy to follow through with good intentions as opposed to bad intentions?  When I think about how a thought, translates into action, it is because the motivation or will to transfer that thought into action has occurred.

Get in the groove and let the good time roll
I'm gonna stay here till I soothe my soul
If it take all night long
Yeah, everybody let the good times roll
We're gonna stay here till we soothe our souls
If it take all night long

When I find that my soul needs soothing, nothing does it better than music.  I've talked in previous blog posts about being able to lose myself in the music, when you give yourself up to the rhythm that matches your heartbeat, how your body sways to the tempo and how you coordinate your movements emphasising certain accents in the beat.  I haven't really thought about what I must look like when I'm dancing to the music, at that moment I actually don't really care what people think about when they see me, I'm more intent in having my body reflect how the music moves me.  I guess I've always been this way as long as I can remember.  I still have memories of dancing in front of mirrors at home and laughing at myself.  Everyone has their own way of soothing their souls.

Yeah, it might be 1 o'clock & it might be 3
Time don't mean that much to me
I've felt this good since I don't know when
& I might not feel this way again

Time is irrelevant when you are with good people, the kind of people who help to soothe your soul.  I smile when I think about when you're spending time with a close friend and then you look at the time and you know that you have to end the evening, but you prolong it by doing something else.  Time does this, it tries to limit moments and contain them in manageable portions that you might not necessarily want it to be.

I am extremely grateful for good friends who look out for my best interests.  Do you have people like this in your life?  I hope you do.  I can't imagine not being have a fantastic support system of people who listen to you when you don't realise that you need someone to listen to you.

I don't know about you, but I will be trying my damnedest to feel good every chance I get because I might not feel this way again. . .