Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Gift of a friend. . .

Thank you for being that gift of a friend by my side. . . 

Do you notice the little changes that are coming into your life right now?  Have you figured out what was responsible for those little changes?  Especially if they were little changes that helped to surface what was stored deep inside you, the "real" you that was waiting to emerge when you were able to open up to the possibility of a gift of a friend.

Sometimes you think you'll be fine by yourself
'Cause a dream is a wish that you make all alone
It's easy to feel like you don't need help
But it's harder to walk on your own

You'll change inside when you realise

I don't think you would know that it's harder to walk on your own, because you've been alone for so long that you don't see it as being anything hard to do.  I would feel the same way about doing something that other people would perceive to be abnormal or challenging in their books as well.  Do you think you need help with anything?  I've found that it was when I didn't know I needed help that I learned the most about myself and that change was happening inside of me that would spring forth and I wouldn't even know - until others commented on it.  

The world comes to life and everything's bright
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in the gift of a friend
The gift of a friend

When you realise you have a friend by your side, things happen in your life that you don't realise starts to happen.  Things start to happen or something happens that you don't understand but it feels new, it feels good and it doesn't even really need to make sense - it just feels right.  Have you had the opportunity to have someone tell you or show you things about yourself that you didn't know existed?  Things in your world starts to come to life or you notice things that you didn't notice before and this is because, you are starting to see the beauty that, now pointed out to you, is something that you shouldn't give up, pass over, not even brush aside.  I have been very thankful in my time to know the gift of a friend - and they have always happened along in my life when I needed such a gift to sustain me.


Someone who knows when you're lost and you're scared
There through the highs and the lows
Someone to count on, someone who cares
Beside you wherever you'll go

It is always comforting to have someone check in with you, want to hear about your day and then even to expect to hear from you because they look at their phone expecting to see your message appear.  You might even have that friend who you don't even see much of, but you think of each other at the same time and that same wavelength connects you.  They will become that someone to count on and that someone who cares because even though they are not physically with you where you go, you know that they are only a text or phone call away.

And when your hope crashes down
Shattering to the ground
You, you feel all alone
When you don't know which way to go
And there's no signs leading you home
You're not alone

Home may not necessarily need to be your physical home, your childhood home but the home that you have built with your friend, that familiar place and space that nobody else can touch you or ruin your bond with anything negative, with no fear or doubt that would threaten to make you feel utterly and desperately alone.  I know that I can count on you and I hope that you know that you can count on me.  You have become that gift of a friend that is precious, because despite what trials may arise and who knows what the future holds because we are no longer connected, because of distance or time and space, just know that for now in this moment in time, your friendship is one of the greatest gifts that I hold.

The world comes to life and everything's right
From beginning to end when you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find the beauty you are
When you open your heart and believe in the gift of a friend
The gift of a friend

I hope that you know that however or wherever this life may take us, I will always believe in you and wish you the greatest of wishes; to fulfil your destiny, to be happy when it's so easy to be sad, to live your best life.  I hope that you find the beauty of your human spirit that I see so clearly, that I wish the world would see without question or doubt.  I hope that because I've opened my heart to you and believed in your gift of friendship, that in time you will be able to teach someone else how to open their heart and believe in the gift of friendship too.  Thank you for bringing my world to life :-)