Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Take a bow. . .

This blog post is a song request by +Anaru White 

Oh, how about a round of applause, yeah
A standing ovation
Oh, yeah,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I haven't written about Rihanna before.  I had to check my records to see if I had and was quite surprised to see that I hadn't.  Her rise to fame has been legendary, being signed by Jay Z as a fresh faced 16 year old and bursting on the r'n'b/hip hop scene with her first single Pom de replay.  

You look so dumb right now
Standing outside my house
Trying to apologize
You're so ugly when you cry
Please, just cut it out

Have you been in this situation before?  I love songs that tell stories in this way; the kinds of stories that seem to fit a chapter out of your own life.  You're either a cheater, been cheated on or know someone who fits into one of those two categories and haven't experienced being in any of those categories.  I must admit, I have to chuckle at the fourth line of the above verse - you're so ugly when you cry.  


Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not
Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught
But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
But now it's time to go
Curtain's finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it's over now (but it's over now)
Go on and take a bow

How do you deal with a drama king or queen who behaves in this way?  Some would say it's really hard to stay faithful, some would say it's really easy - it depends on how much you love and respect the one you're with.  When people get caught in their web of lies, trying to hide the deceit from their loved ones, you have to keep track of all of the lies you've told to stay clean.  If you're prepared to lie, you best be good at it, otherwise things will start to unravel right before your eyes, like the music video suggests.

Grab your clothes and get gone (get gone)
You better hurry up
Before the sprinklers come on (come on)
Talking 'bout
Girl I love you, you're the one
This just looks like a re-run
Please what else is on (on)

People will try to say all of the right things that you want to hear in an effort to salvage the relationship, to hold onto it so tight that you can see the whites of their knuckles as they struggle to maintain that steely grip.  Would you stay with someone if they constantly cheated on you?  Everybody's situations are different and things can often not be as black and white as they appear to be.  It is very easy to have snap judgements and weigh in on other people's situations with your commentary (whether it was wanted or not).  I have seen enough drama in these types of relationships to know that this is definitely the substance of soap operas or these supposed dramas on TV.  Watching relationship crash and burn in this is very much like watching a re-run.  Sometimes you just need to change channels or switch the set off altogether.

Oh and the award for
The best lie goes to you (goes to you)
For making me believe (that you)
That you could be faithful to me
Let's hear your speech, oh 

I hope that you know what to do when you're in this type of situation.  I know some people would guard their heart so much so as not to put themselves in this type of situation in the first place - these very careful and meticulous people are not game enough to fall in love, as they would not risk getting hurt in this way.  I'm not saying that you should get hurt, but I think if love hurts you now and again, I would rather that it does because then you know how it feels, then you know how to be more resilient and then develop a level of discernment that teaches you what to expect for the kind of relationship that you do want.

Hard life lesson in love learned I suppose.
But it's over now. . .