Saturday, 12 September 2015

Strong. . .

When you peel back the layers of someone's personality you might be surprised to find out what lies beneath the surface.  We are different people in different contexts and as much as we try to disassociate ourselves from the expectations and obligations of what it means to live in this world; there is always the need to consider how your actions impacts on other people.

Excuse me for a while
While I'm wide-eyed
And I'm so down, caught in the middle
I've excused you for a while
While I'm wide-eyed
And I'm so damn caught in the middle

Because try as we might, if we even believe that we are not connected to people in some shape or form. because we might choose to live a hermit existence or limit our social circle - you cannot deny that we are all inextricably linked.  But I guess even with all of the linkages and connections, I am always going to be fascinated by the reality of how we choose to display ourselves to the world and whether the world is prepared to understand what we have to show - in all of its unedited, unfiltered reality.

Excuse me for a while
Turn a blind eye
With a stare caught right in the middle
Have you ever wondered for a while
I have a feeling deep down
You're caught in the middle?

I think about being caught in the middle - between two opposing worlds, between two opposing trains of thought, between two opposing forces that even threaten to consume and keep me in this 'not so strong' place.  I think it is important to acknowledge when you feel caught in the middle and figure out what it really looks like being caught in the middle.  Do you recognise yourself while you're caught there?  Have you been here before?  What lead you here?  Were you able to get yourself out of being caught in the middle before?  What is diffferent this time?  Why do you keep getting caught in the middle?



Excuse me for a while
While I'm wide-eyed
And I'm so down, caught in the middle
Have you ever wondered for a while
I have a feeling deep down
You're caught in the middle?

Are you able to find other people that you can be 'not so strong' with?  I think it's important to have a balance of these groups of people.  You need to surround yourself with people who understand you, who are willing to listen to what you have to say and can give you the time to articulate what you are feeling.  Making plans to be able to get yourself out of the middle of a sticky situation will take time so you must give yourself the time and energy to be able to work through it.

There are a variety of options too about being able to move out of being caught in the middle; you can either choose one of the two things that you are caught between,
A) first thing
B) second thing
C) compromise and find a way to include both or
D) not choose one of those things at all and opt for something completely different., just walk away.

And a lion, a lion roars would you not listen?
If a child, a child cries would you not forgive them?

Giving yourself the opportunity to truly reflect and take steps forward to being who you want to be and need to be means that you have to be real with yourself.  Can the people that you surround yourself with really how your lion roars and your child-like cries?  You sound like you need people to listen to you, people to be able to forgive you.

Yeah, I might seem so strong
Yeah, I might speak so long
I've never been so wrong
Yeah, I might seem so strong
Yeah, I might speak so long
I've never been so wrong. . . 

I know who I can be weak with. I know who I can be strong with.
IIt's never about being wrong. it's about being right within yourself.
Acknowledge when you are wrong, then start moving to make things right.

I hope for inner strength for you, for me, for all who need it - whether they want it or need it :-)