Saturday, 22 August 2015

Soulmate. . .

To all my soulmates - you don't even know who you are :-)

 I've been getting the work/life balance right these days.  It has taken me a while to master, well, I actually don't think I've mastered it, but I think I'm definitely much happier about how hard I work.  I totally credit (or blame ha!) my mother for this incredible work ethic that I have; she's the hardest working woman that I know,   Her catch-cry growing up was "do something useful" so actively relaxing can be a struggle for me because I'm in a constant state of guilt about what I should be doing.  But let's talk about that in another blog post.  This one is focused on what it means to be a soulmate.

Incompatible, it don't matter though
'Cos someone's bound to hear my cry
Speak out if you do
You're not easy to find

I don't think I'm calling out for a soulmate.  Do you cry out for a soulmate?  I think my idea about what a soulmate is; has changed because of what I've observed, thought and felt in these past couple of years.  Sometimes I surprise myself with what swims around my head.  I often think if they are worth talking about and sharing, or if I should keep them harnessed in my mind as private thoughts that won't see the light of day - but the fingers tapping on the keys show me otherwise.  

Is it possible Mr. Loveable
Is already in my life?
Right in front of me
Or maybe you're in disguise

Do you do that yourself?  Take stock of all of the people that you know in your life and think about whether any one of them is in fact your soulmate?  I think that a soulmate (for me anyway) no longer fits that definition that love songs would have us believe.  Soulmates to me are people whose souls touch yours because just by being who they are; their soul matches your soul, a transcending connection of higher consciousness that you will have never felt with anyone in your entire life.  I feel like I have soulmates - mates who fit my soul, mates whose souls touch my soul whether they are male or female - with romantic connotations removed.  I'm learning that a spiritual and intellectual connection (for myself anyway) surpasses the physical of  love connection.  I'm not sure whether it's because my mind and soul are the portals to reach me rather than the heart, but that also contracts the emotional wreck I can become too.  But that probably explains why emotions get the best of me - there are just some things that you can't rationalise!



Who doesn't long for someone to hold
Who knows how to love you without being told
Somebody tell me why I'm on my own
If there's a soulmate for everyone

I think that spiritual connection a clear connection for me - I will have male and female friends who reach out to me at just the right moment when I need them and it amazes me  It's like my soul cries out to those friends who know me best, whose souls are mirrored in mine.  I even think sometimes these people are positioned in my life because He knows what I need, when I need it.  Even though I'm seen as quite a strong individual - but that's because I've had to be, I've had to be the one with the broadest shoulders and lock into logical mind to sort things out; so this is where my mind kicks in and places things in their right places.  My mind makes sense of what the spirit and heart doesn't even entertain.  I am grateful for people who love me without being hold - and the funny thing is, they don't even know that they're doing this - and that makes me smile, because they probably don't even need to know how much of a soulmate they are to me.

Here we are again, circles never end
How do I find the perfect fit
There's enough for everyone
But I'm still waiting in line

Most relationships seem so transitory
They're all good but not the permanent one

I'm not waiting in line actually.
I'm learning that there are a lot of people out there who need to be loved and I can love them, help them in whatever they need help in.  I don't need somebody to complete me, because I don't think that I'm incomplete to begin with.  I think I will probably spend the rest of my life, growing, changing and learning about being the most comfortable in my own skin and if people happen to fall in love with that - I need to be able to deal with how I choose to position myself in their lives.

I don't know if there is such a thing as permanent relationships anymore.
People grow apart, grow together, grow at different rates - there is nothing that remains the same and people are never completely in sync with each other and I don't think they need to be.  I think soulmates are people that come along and touch your souls when your soul needs to be touched the most, at the moment in time.  I think then, that if this is the case - I will have more than one soulmate; I will continue to know what it means to be touched without being held, because I won't rely on physical touch to sustain me, in fact, the only touch I can rely on is my hands wrapped around myself as I brace myself for a future that is unknown to me as what is coming around the corner. . . 

If there's a soulmate for everyone. . . I'm grateful for all the soulmates that I will continue to know. . .