Wednesday, 5 August 2015

My life. . .

Conversation series: final conversation with a dear friend. . . 

If you looked at my life
And see what I've seen
If you looked at my life
And see what I've seen. . . 

You are single-handedly responsible for introducing me to this phenomenal artist.
I still remember the cassingle (yes cassette single girl, you know, from your days working at Marbecks lol), the cover and just listening to music and closing our eyes, nodding slowly as we listened to new CDs at Sounds Megastore when that opened up further down Queen Street.  I could lose myself in the music at those stations, headphones on, listening to the top 10 albums that would be featured each week.

Life can only be what you make it
When you're feelin' down
You should never fake it
Say what's on your mind
And you'll find in time
That all the negative energy 
It will all cease

I have never had problems with you telling me what's on your mind; it's one of your best qualities.  Our friendship has deepened and matured like fine wine, because we have taken the time to talk through anything that comes up.  It is very easy for you to talk about things that trouble you; I have always valued your honesty, but more importantly, the way you think about things with a childlike innocence always makes me smile.  You're not naive in any sense of the word - far from it.  In fact, it's your wonderings about the world that make the best conversations.  


And you'll be at peace with yourself
You won't really need no one else
Except for the man above
Because He'll give you love

When I have stumbled sometimes and felt like I've lost direction, found myself sitting on the roadside on the way to my destination, playing with the daisies and making daisy chains on the grass, you're the person that would sit next to me and help me make them.  We were quite intuitive in that way where we would think about each other and then sure enough I would get a phone call from you or I would call you - mental telepathy was quite strong with us.  I smile when I think about the catch-cry "I was just thinking about you!" in that happy coincidence where we don't see each other for a long time, but our thoughts just need to connect in that one instant to prompt an action to hear from each other.  That's deep.

Take your time
Baby don't rush a thing
Don't you know, I know
We all are struggling
I know it is hard
But we will get by
And if you don't believe in me
Just believe in "He"

I hope that we never stop encouraging each other.
I hope that you continue to rise above everything that threatens to keep you down.
I will be here to push you back up when you need it; that's what friends do, that's what friends are for.

Thank you for reminding me to believe in "He" when I forget to do so.
I am grateful to have a dear friend like you for doing life with me.

Thank you for being in my life. . .