Thursday, 27 August 2015

I could fall in love. . .

Conversation series: 2nd conversation with a beautiful friend. . . 

I could lose my heart tonight
If you don't turn and walk away
'Cause the way I feel I might
Lose control and let you stay
'Cause I could take you in my arms
And never let go

I have fond memories of this song with you.  I remember we blasted it on full volume and sang along to the words, being the Selena fans that we are.  I think every Māori and Polynesian girl can identify with Selena Quintanilla and her two English songs that showed us how much more of a success her crossover album was going to be.  I've already discussed Dreaming of you by Selena in a previous blog post.

I can only wonder how
Touching you would make me feel
But if I take that chance right now
Tomorrow will you want me still
So I should keep this to myself
And never let you know

I laugh at how we talk about love and relationships, but more so about feelings, and of course love is right up there in the feelings department, particularly when you're interested in knowing how resilient I am when it comes to this most powerful of emotions.  It's fun isn't it when you choose not to let people know how you feel, or maybe you do let them know how you feel then you run the risk of forever changing the tone of the relationship, ruin a friendship - part of life and living it to the fullest I guess.  Living life with no regrets can be easier said than done, but I think you can still to some level "reset" your life and choose to live it in a way that starts from loving yourself and how you want people to love you back.  


And I know it's not right
And I guess I should try
To do what I should do
But I could fall in love 
fall in love with you
I could fall in love you baby

Who knows what "right" is these days?  When we share and divulge our deepest and darkest secrets, we can forgive the harshness of black and white ideologies, how we were taught to think and feel about things growing up, only to live our own realities and be able to navigate our way through them.  Do you look back on your life and think about how we should be trying to do what we should do.  I wonder about that often - what people expect me to do, what I want to do, what I think people want me to do and what I think I should do; weighing up the checks and balances of perceived actions and actual actions - then the outcomes of those actions.  Who do we impact by what we think and feel?  How does who, how, what and why we love - the very act of falling in love, means that we give ourselves up completely to the emotion and not worry about who we land with, how we land, what we land on and why we land in a certain way - it just is.

Siempre estoy so'ando en ti I'm always dreaming of you
besando mis labios kissing my lips
acariciando  mi piel caressing my skin
abrazandome con ansias hugging me with intense (crazy) longing
imaginando que me amas imagining that you love me
como yo podria amarte the way that I could love you

I hope that we'll always have crazy conversations that make us laugh about how love is supposed to make us feel, make us think about who we love and how we love; because there is always fun to be had with falling in and out of love. . .  how and when I could fall in love. . .