Saturday, 4 July 2015

That's the way it is. . .

This blog post is dedicated to all of you who are waiting for love to come into your lives :-)

This particular song has been sitting in my drafts folder for a while.  I have about 60 drafts sitting there and what I tend to do is write about the songs that speak to me and publish them.  This is how you get to read what I write on a regular basis.

A couple of my friends have been going through a few dilemmas of the heart lately.  They are friends from different circles of friends so they don't know each other.  Love is a crazy thing, concept, to understand - because you can't pin it down, it's not as tangible as you think (for the most part) yet we know its touch when we share it with someone else.

I can read your mind and I know your story
I see what you're going through
It's an uphill climb, and I'm feeling sorry
But I know it will come to you

Don't surrender 'cause you can win
In this thing called love

Have you ever been super connected to someone that you totally understand how their mind works and how they feel about what's going on in their life?  It's a powerful connection and it feels like some high performing empathy that you struggle to try to even achieve with other people (but can never attain).

When you want it the most, there's no easy way out
When you're ready to go and your heart's left in doubt
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is

The only way to achieve that level of connection with someone else is to never lose faith in what love can bring, what love can hope to bring or manifest in your life.  I have listened to my friends lament about there being no decent men/women around that comes even close to what they desire in a partner.  We need to stop focusing on what there isn't - but instead focus on what is right in front of us and how we can be happy right now.


When you question me for a simple answer
I don't know what to say, no
But it's plain to see, if you stick together
You're gonna find a way, yeah

You can be there to be that support person, (much like I have been for a long time to so many, not that I'm complaining!) to bounce ideas and reflect on some possible ways forward.  I think one of the greatest things that I have felt in my life has been the ability to feel good when others around me are happy and in love, because it is through seeing the love light shine in their eyes, that I can be sure that I don't need to worry about them anymore.

When life is empty with no tomorrow
And loneliness starts to call
Baby, don't worry, forget your sorrow
'Cause love's gonna conquer it all, all

Loneliness can be a trap that threatens to keep you in her clutches if you let her hold you for long enough.  There is a difference with self-imposed isolation or having hermit-like tendencies where you would avoid human contact, but if you are craving it and no longer want to live under a cloud of loneliness, then you need to start thinking about having a life that is full and that it has a tomorrow- one that you have created and is informed by what you want it to look like.  You and love can conquer that together :-)

That's the way it is
That's the way it is, babe
Don't give up on your faith
Love comes to those who believe it
And that's the way it is. . .