Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Strength, courage and wisdom. . .

Inside my head lives a dream that I want to see in the sun
Behind my eyes there lives a me that I've been hiding for much too long
'Cause I've been too afraid to let it show 
'Cause I'm scared of the judgement that may follow
Always putting off my living for tomorrow

Sometimes we forget to keep our dreams alive because we're distracted by the other less inspiring and boring rubbish that the world (or society at large) want you to focus on.  I don't know about you, but I'm sick of hiding my "true self" and I'm over being judged by people who won't (or sadly ever will) understand where I'm coming from and what my important work is that I think I am destined to do, living out my life purpose, because I constantly have had to learn everything about their world, while they never learn about mine,

It's time to step out on faith, I've gotta show my face
It's been elusive for so long, but freedom is mine today
I've gotta step out on faith, It's time to show my face
Procrastination had me down but look what I have found, I found 

I think we forget that we are the prisoners of our own fate or destiny.  We sabotage ourselves because we are more attuned with believing everyone's doubts about our own abilities, capabilities and capacities - because there could never possibly be anyone as awesome as you are.  Why do we let the most far-fetched and negative things being done to us, being said about us - continue to rule how we live our lives?  Just because people say things doesn't mean they're true - but because those ill-informed opinions are being voiced, unless you counter those claims with statements of your own, you are in danger of causing yourself some serious harm.




Strength, courage and wisdom
And it's been inside of me all along
Strength courage and wisdom
Inside of me

I guess we don't know how much strength. courage and wisdom that we have until we are forced to use them, until we are pushed and extended in ways for our strength, courage and wisdom to be exercised.  I think the chorus of this song is quite powerful in that you don't need to look outside of yourself or even to others to inspire you; just trust what your inner voice says, trust what you have within, look inwards.

Behind my pride there lives a me, that knows humility
Inside my voice there is a soul, and in my soul there is a voice
But I've been too afraid, to make a choice
'Cause I'm scared of the things that I might be missing
Running too fast to stop to listen. . . 

That state of indecision, fear of trusting your own voice because up until this point, you've never really had people believe in you to the point where that translate and transfers into self-belief right?  Once you flip that switch and start believing in the voice of your soul, in your soul's voice, you will no longer be afraid to make choices that are right for you, you will no longer be afraid to live the life you want and make choices that focus on you for a change, and not others who can't control the consequences of their poor choices.
                   
I found it in me, I found it finally
I'm sure to keep it, 'cause I like it, I say thank you. . .  

I hope you continue to find more gems within you that you can bring out and share with the world.  I don't think there is anything more satisfying than being able to defy the odds, smash stereotypes and just being able to celebrate yourself - even when people wish you weren't the clever clogs or the beautiful, phenomenal woman that you are.

Like yourself, love yourself, because the world can't help but fall in love with a woman who is self-assured and is just happy being who she is.

I know I am :-)