Monday, 6 July 2015

Reality. . .

Lost Frequencies is actually Felix De Laet a Belgian DJ and music producer.  Reality features Janieck Devy who has released some pretty cool songs of his own that include Six Stringed Thing and Inspire Me.  The lyrics repeat quite often in this song but it's ok, because it helps you remember them.  Of course once lyrics repeat, you notice the changes in the instrumentation which help to introduce and stagger other instruments to thicken the texture of the song.

Decisions as I go, to anywhere I flow
Sometimes I believe, a time where we should all know
I can't fly high, I can't go long
Today I got a million, tomorrow I don't know

I've been making some tough decisions lately.  Well, first they started out as small decisions, but once left unresolved spiral very quickly into bigger problems that need more stringent decision making skills that only comes from careful analysis of the situation and playing out of scenarios in my head.  Of course once I go through this very laborious process, I rarely ever regret any decisions that I make.  There have been some historical connections that I've had that I have decided to cut ties with and it hasn't been easy, it's been on the cards for a while, but how very quickly you can make a decision when your concentration level is at its optimum.  I believe that those times about how we should all know, are coming thicker and faster for me than I would like, but I understand that it is necessary for me to grow, learn and proceed to GO and collect my $200.00 dollars :-)



Stop crying like you're home and think about the show
We're all playing the same game, I'm laying down along
We're unknown and wrong, special when I come
Hate will make you conscious, love will make you glow

I think reality is setting in a lot more for me these days, I mean don't get me wrong, I've still got the endless dreams that swim around in my mind safely tucked away from people that want to know and try to crush them (ha!) but I think even though we're playing this same game, we're definitely becoming a lot more savvier about what it is we're doing, how we're playing it.  The last line of this verse has been visiting and revisiting me over and over for countless times, more than I care to remember, but I guess it's all part of the learning that we need to embrace, warts and all, when we would rather be crawling up in a foetal position and stay in bed for days on end.  

Make me feel the warm, make me feel the cold
It's written in our story, it's written on the walls
This is our call, we rise and we fall 
Dancin' in the moonlight, don't we have it all?

I hope that even when certain stories need to end, not because they've come to a natural ending, but because you've had to pull the plug and make an executive decision (ha, didn't mention that type of decision earlier), we become more aligned to the reality that we want to build in our lives.

I think it's important to feel whatever emotions that there are, regardless of whether these feelings get converted into stories to be written on walls.  Feelings could manifest themselves into other ways that last, rather than hieroglyphics on the walls written in some ancient language that only experts or natives understand how to read and interpret.  What I mean is that, we can have all that we want, if we are willing to position ourselves in reality once in a while, we might be able to dance in the moonlight and have it all. . .