Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Wait for more. . .

This blog post is dedicated to +Monique Simpson 

I've written about Tribal State in previous blog posts (see Fun, Bliss).  I have eclectic musical taste and what usually grabs me in a song is what I hear in the music, how lyrics are sung and expressed - basically how the music is packaged so that it contributes to an overall question that I use to gauge my reaction to any song I listen to:  How does this song make me feel?

I'll wait for more, yes I'll wait for more, yes I'll wait for more with an empty cup
And fill me up again because I'm never drunk and fill me up again and I will never run
My vessel is dry, and my vessel is dry, and my vessel is dry like many times before
And now I find myself sitting next to a whore, in a corner of regret that I cannot ignore
Yes I wait for more, yes I wait for more, yes I wait for more oh

Have you had those times in your life when you lose yourself in endless streams of bad choices that it all rolls into one massive blur and the days bleed together?  No amount of drinking or indulging in some other mind-altering or oblivion-entering phase will erase what it is you're going through.  It might numb the senses for a little while, but all it does is delay the learning and healing that you are destined to experience to ensure that you enter your next growth stage.  When you start to realise that this vicious cycle is in play and you're ready to stop it - then you're ready for the real pain that lies ahead, the real pain that comes with confronting the reality and pushing through.  This is the 'more' that you've been waiting for.  I didn't say it would be an 'easy' more, it's just the 'more' that you need to go through, so buckle up.

Gotta get this feeling, you've got it running through my veins
You've got to take it way back to where I started to see how I'm living
You've got to free my mind to know, dilute my heart of stone
You've got to take it way back to where I started but first I wait for more, yeh yeah

The thing with feelings is that they can sometimes dictate your actions (if you let it, more so than duty).  But other people can be responsible for inspiring feelings within you - feelings that can be divided into two basic groups - either positive or negative.  Of course you can define positive or negative in your own way, I mean simplistically speaking, positive feelings - things that make you feel good and negative feelings - things that make you feel bad, is usually the best place to start.

I'll wait to see, yes I'll wait to see, yes I'll wait to see with an empty cup
Ad fill me up again because I'm never drunk, now fill me up again and I will never run
I feel so alive, I feel so alive, I feel so alive like never before
And now I find myself standing outside your door, in a corner of regret that I cannot ignore
I wait for  more, yes I wait for more, yes I wait for more oh 

Ah we've come to the door of realisation now, or at least to the doorstep of the person from your past responsible for this next stage of development or the doorstep of the person in your present who is responsible for pushing you to the next stage of development to prepare for your future.  You can't ignore the regrets that act like pitstops on your path to enlightenment, in fact, moments of self-pity are necessary enough to serve the purpose of the consequences of poor-decision making and the price you pay for your stupidity.

Check out "Wait for more" on this page  https://www.reverbnation.com/tribalstate


Gotta get this feeling, you've got it running through my veins
You've got to take it way back to where I started to see how I'm living
You've got to free my mind to know, dilute my heart and soul
You've got to take it way back to where I started but first I wait for more, yeh yeah

When you attribute feelings to someone else who can cause them to run through your veins, on some level, you have allowed that person to infiltrate your secret borders that you normally set up to protect yourself.  If you allow someone to see the real you and allow them to see where you have come from and why you are the way that you are in your current reality, it does make sense now as to why you would wait for more right?  If someone completely understands you (sometimes better than you know yourself), it's a sense of overwhelming emotion that swirls around, threatens to take over and let it permeate everything that you do, think or feel -  it totally explains where addictive and obsessive states of emotion can begin.  If not managed well, it can be devastating dangerous, on one extreme even fatal.  But what a complete sense of death right?  I use the word death here in the sense that you cease to exist because you're now on another astral plane where nobody can see you anymore,  You've crossed that state of consciousness that no longer puts you among the living mortals, or at least among the world that seeks to steal away your focus and distract you from your higher purpose.

Cos I wait for more, I wait for more
Cos I wait for more, I wait for more

I hope that in the process of waiting for more, that you think about what you need to prepare for the 'more' once it arrives.  Would you even know what it looks like when it gets here?  How would you know that this was what you were waiting for?  I think the feeling that you just have to have that is running through your veins isn't attributed to someone else, I honestly think it's always been inside you all along but it reaches out to other like-minded people who answer the call that your feelings have propelled outwards from you without your knowledge.  I mean, why else would you want more?  That would be the only reason I would want more; you want want 'more' of something and are willing to wait for it because what is within you, seeks it out. . .