Thursday, 11 June 2015

Karma police. . .

The strumming in the beginning of the song reminds me of Wild world.  The heavily accented drumming helps to define the pace of the song.  The distorted background vocals help to add some texture, before the piano takes over the countermelody answers in the chorus.  The chordal structure of the chorus reminds me of Imagine especially around the melody during the lyric "you may I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

Karma police, arrest this man
He talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge
He's like a detuned radio

Imagine if there was such a thing as the karma police.  A government approved authority that would go around making sure that people who wronged others would be charged with karma offences and forced to be brought up on charges.  Depending of course on the seriousness of the offences and whether the potential for the number of people affected by the offences - would then (hopefully) be et with appropriate sentencing.




Karma police, arrest this girl
Her Hitler hairdo is
Making me feel ill

And we have crashed her party

 Have you been wronged by others in your past and those people have not yet been brought to justice?  You're probably thinking my idea isn't such a bad one and that maybe there is some logic to having something like this although morally, it would be open to interpretation, much like how laws can be interpreted to use defend even those who are guilty.  Would you even be able to see some justice in there then?

This is what you get
This is what you get
This is what you get when you mess with us

In a deluded world, it almost seems like this could be the arresting officer's line to perpetrators upon getting arrested.  Are these the lines that you also give to people who you think karma will get in the end?  It's probably not the most constructive way of dealing with your issues with other people - by wishing them long, slow and tortuous deaths (I should know, I used to have just such a list) but thinking negatively is unhealthy and something that you should try to avoid as much as you can.

So what's the moral of the story?  Don't mess with people if you don't want to get messed about in return.

Karma police 
I've given all I can
It's not enough
I've given all I can
But we're still on the payroll

I hope that you learn to deal with your issues that might be tempting to take you down a path that once you begin, you can't return from.  When people set out to engage in something that could possibly not only potentially darken their soul but also keep them there until the light never touches them again, it can be a destructive path that will be hard to move away from.  So you need to know when to pull back and realise what you're actually doing.  How well will you monitor what your actions and thoughts do to the world?

For a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself
Phew, for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself. . .