Thursday, 18 June 2015

Fight song. . .

This blog post is dedicated to +Monique Simpson 

Like a small boat
On the ocean 
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word 
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

Even though you may think that you are a small and insignificant person in the big scheme of things, it doesn't make you any less important.  I think if you are always going to be willing to stand up for yourself, to understand that what you think, how you can impact on other people's lives can change their lives in turn - isn't that worth using your one match for?  I would hope that if I can light my one match so that it burns, no, so that it explodes in me, to inspire someone else to pick up their single match, being strong in the face of weakness - would all be worth it.

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep
Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)
It's been two years 
I miss my home 
But there's a fire burning in my bones
And I still believe
Yeah I still believe

I have been inspired a lot lately, well, to be honest, I get brief short bursts of inspiration on a daily basis, because it's what makes life, not more bearable, but worth living :-)
When you are going through difficult, heart-breaking times, it's those trials that test the strength of your character, but most importantly, they add layers of protection to an armour that you continue to build through your life as you become more resilient, as you overcome obstacles that you often think you will never beat, because you choose not to believe in yourself, you choose to give up the fight.


And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my head
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time

Regret is a powerful thing too, if you let it consume you and you allow it to overcome the self-belief that gets knocked about every time you allow someone to stand all over it.  Not having the courage to say anything or show your true feelings can roll around in your head until you find another opportunity to release them.  It's important to let your voice be heard, I just hope that your intended audience have the ears to understand what your voice is trying to say.

That's the challenge, that's the dilemma we face isn't it?  We can craft the perfect monologue about our thoughts and feelings, run them carefully through in our minds (careful to avoid the wrecking balls that threaten to smash your eloquent speech to smithereens) - but this all means nothing when we should be really engaging in a dialogue.  A conversation for one that needs to be with two, is like being stood up for a date at a fancy restaurant - you end up eating all the breadsticks, avoiding the pity of the wait staff and leaving alone.

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes 
Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me. . . 

I hope that you continue to fight - not with the person you're fighting with, but fight for you, fight for yourself.  I want you to fight for your sanity, fight for your peace of mind, fight for what you want for yourself, not relying on somebody else for your happiness (I've learned that the hard way).

What's the word that's missing from the first verse?
Like how a single word 
Can make a heart open. . . 
Believe.  I hope your heart opens, because I believe in you xxx