Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Woo hoo. . .

This blog post is dedicated to everyone who achieves their goals, no matter how small. . . 

I first came across this song while watching Kill Bill Vol. 1.  The song Woo hoo will most likely be the best karaoke song you could ever sing.  It's super easy to remember the words, so there will be no embarrassing moments trying to remember the lyrics.  I think the thing I like best about this type of song is that it belongs to the category of song with nonsensical lyrics (feel free to tweet @ManuMuso to let me know what your favourite ones are!).

Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo

I love the scene in the movie when the song is used as a backdrop to the impending destruction that is set to come from the hands of The Bride played by Uma Thurman.  The scene opens with the focus on the Japanese all-girl rock-abilly band. the 5,6,7,8's but as soon as the Black Mamba enters the scene the focus shifts to her.  I like the way that Quentin Tarantino uses music to tell the story - he constantly profiles music by putting it in the foreground of a scene, then moving it into the background.  It is this masterful weaving in and out of the narrative that makes him one of my favourite directors.



Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo
Woo hoo woo hoo hoo

I submitted the second round of my ethics application today for my PhD studies.  I did a pilot study last year to get some themes to help inform this next stage of my research, so today's blog post is a bit of a celebration in terms of reaching that milestone.  I immediately thought of this song as a great dance track, those "let it loose" around the lounge ones and blast this on full volume.

I hope that you always remember to celebrate all the achievements in your life, no matter how small.  They may seem insignificant to other people but they're a huge deal for you - and your opinion is the only one that matters.  Particularly when there has been nobody to really support you on the realisation of those goals, you tend to plod along on your own and just get on with it.  It's a nice quiet unassuming way of working but hey if it works for you - why mess with it right?

Woo hoo woo hoo hoo yeah!