Wednesday, 1 April 2015

We are the champions. . .


This blog post is dedicated to my fellow champions +Nadell Karatea-Kokiri+Anaru White 

I don't know whether it's because Easter is coming up and it's a time for me to reflect on Jesus being crucified and rising again, and what does that mean for me as a person in the world, when I feel myself being crucified and how do I rise again?  Jesus did it in three days, but we're only humans so it might take us longer to rise again.  Should I wait for judgement day to come along, should I give up trying and just count the losses rather than count the blessings.

I haven't posted a blog post in the last couple of days as I've been busy processing my thought patterns, taking into consideration how to deal with the new learning journey that I am on.  All in all, I think about how far I have come and how much farther I have to go, but that's ok.  It's totally ok to know that there is still much work to be done, still much life to be living.  It's what we're meant to think about while we're here right?  From the greatest pain comes the most vibrant beauty, and my eyes are starting to see the wonder and splendour of everything and everyone I see.

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes - 
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through 

(And I just need to go on and on and on and on)




I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it I thank you all

But it's no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose

The thing about getting accolades and praise from people is that it can be hard to take and accept.  Taking compliments from well meaning people is great, being there for people when they have needed someone to help them is also great.  When things turn sour it can also be equally as challenging to find ways forward to learn about how to proceed.  Rather than focus too much on the negative and worry about things that are beyond your control, it is much better to think of alternative ways to feel and find the best outcomes for yourself.

I've never been a fan of hurting people for no reason (not that hurting for a reason is useful or justifiable either) but we do live in a world where hurt is inevitable, pain follows and healing takes time.  What challenges do you face before the whole human race?

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers 
'Cause we are the champions of the world. . . 

My greatest adversary is myself.  I don't know about you, but there is nothing more satisfying to me than beating my personal best, achieving beyond my wildest expectations and being able to share the benefits of those successes with those who are nearest and dearest.

We've seen recently with the impeccable sportsmanship from the New Zealand Black Caps losing to Australia in the Cricket World Cup Final.  Our nation has been united in showing their aroha (love) and tautoko (support) for a team that played valiantly to the end with valour and dignity.

I hope that you don't think that you need to compete with others to win.
The greatest opponent you have is your self-esteem, so basically you're competing with the weaker part of you who threatens to give up and push you towards losing that self-esteem and self-belief.

Don't you dare give doubt the satisfaction of taking hold of your heart and dwelling in you.
It has no business living in your world.
So keep on fighting 'til the end my friends,
'Cause we are the champions of the world. . .