Wednesday, 15 April 2015

I am light. . .

This blog post is dedicated to you - the one with the light inside.
I hope your light answers mine :-)

If you are going to read this blog post, can I recommend that you read it when you have time to fully listen to the accompanying YouTube clip in a quiet space while you read.

I listen to this song when I need to meditate and clear my mind from the unnecessary stresses, troubles and worries that can leave the debris of the day - blocking my light.

______________________________________________________________

I am light, I am light (x4)

I am not the things my family did

I am not the voices in my head
I am not the pieces of the brokenness inside
I am light

Losing sight of who you are, who you truly are - far from the perceptions of others, the incessant commentary, the busy-ness that people create about you, making you their topic of business in conversations - can reveal the dimness or extinguishing of your light, of you - the light.

There will be times when you need to recognise when you are starting to lose energy, starting to stop being the you that you want to be, that you know that you need to be, that you are not any of the negative things or aspects that threaten to dim or extinguish you - the light.

I am light, I am light (x4)

I'm not the mistakes that I have made or any things that have caused me pain

I am not the pieces of a dream I left behind

I am light, I am light (x4)


When I feel low, when I feel my energy running low and I need to reignite the light within me that threatens to be consumed by the darkness from outside me, I listen to this song.  The simplicity of the guitar playing in the beginning of the song, allows the vocals to shine through the melody.  It reminds me of candlelight flickering in a darkened room.



I am not the color of my eyes
I am not the skin on the outside
I am not my age, I am not my race, my soul inside is all light

All light, all light (x2)

I am light, I am light (x2)

Tell everyone what you are not.
Shout it from the rooftops, the mountain tops, even the cliff tops (maybe not muffin tops).
It's important to tell people what you are not.
It's a very liberating experience to be able to have ownership of you, to know yourself in a full and complete way that you choose to reveal to whoever you want to see, if you choose them to see.

I am divinity defined
I am the God on the inside
I am a star, I am a piece of it all
I am light

Give yourself permission to create the life that you want.  This is what I interpret from what India suggests with reference to being the God on the inside.  This speaks volumes to me about you being the creator of your life - to live the best life that you want by making yourself shine, making your light shine.  How do you choose to share your light?  Are you the type of light that inspires an answering light in others - does your light call to other potential lights in others to ignite?

Can you imagine how great it must look from those rooftops, those mountain tops, even those cliff tops to see everyone - as a combined grid of light.
I am a star, I am a piece of it all. . .