Sunday, 8 March 2015

I'm every woman . . .

Every strong woman knows that her power as a woman comes from her inner strength, poise and level headedness.  She knows exactly how to fix what needs repairing, she knows how to put up with ridiculous crap that men try to put them through (gees like um.... I don't know.... wage inequality for one).  A phenomenal woman draws her strength from her weaknesses, because she rises like a phoenix out of the ashes.  She is equal parts mystery, seduction and intellect.  The more I think about it, I'm quite happy to be a woman :-)


Whatever you want
Whatever you need
Anything you want done baby
I do it naturally
Cos I'm every woman
It's all in me
It's all in me

I'm every woman, it's all in me
Anything you want done baby
I do it naturally. . . 

I think women underestimate themselves, but more importantly - they shouldn't allow themselves to be subjected to harassment of any kind - whether it's warranted or not (it's not your fault girlfriend that you're amazing, don't dim your light because it blinds others, they just need to pick up some shades to wear when you walk by).  I think men can often feel threatened by strong women who know what they want in life and hustle for it, go after it.

I can cast a spell, 
See, but you can't tell
Mix a special groove
Put fire inside of you
Anytime you feel danger or fear
Then instantly
I will appear
Yeah oh

When a woman is aggressive in her career, she is often seen as a barracuda, particularly when she stands on others to get to her position.  I'm not a fan of that.  I believe that with hard work, having confidence in yourself and being a positive person around others - you don't need to ruin other people to get ahead in life.  I believe there is enough success for anyone - you just focus on running your own race and working well with other women to bring out the best in them too, sisterhood and all :-)

I ain't braggin'
'Cause I'm the one
Just ask me
Oh, it shall be done
And don't bother
To compare
I've got it. . . 

I hope that you embrace who you are and you are strong enough to fight for yourself, fight for your right to express yourself and have a voice in the world.  Sometimes when you are weak, you need to think about how you are the voice of every woman, so you need to dig deep and search within yourself to rise up against the oppression, repression and depression - to think about how if you can stand up for yourself, you just might be the woman that every woman aspires to be. . .