Sunday, 1 February 2015

You can do magic. . .

This blog post is dedicated to +Madeline Campbell+Catriona Pene

I've written a previous blog post about America (see The last unicorn).  Today's track is the classic You can do magic.  





I never believed in things that I couldn't see
I said if I can't feel it then how can it be
No, no magic could happen to me 
And then I saw you

I couldn't believe it, you took my heart
I couldn't retrieve it. said to myself
What's it all about 
Now I know there can be no doubt

This song is obviously a love song and speaks about someone reflecting on how they can be put under someone else's spell, just from taking one look at them.  But pushing that typical love/relationship theme aside, you can apply this concept to other types of relationships and have similar results - I mean, when you are captivated by people that you work with, people that you grew up with, because of the things that they may have said or done that seems to resonate within you, answers that silent call for help or clarification that you were seeking in your heart.  It's like in the movie Happy Feet when those penguins seek other penguins who share their same heart songs,  I bet you can find like-minded people when your heart songs bind together and help you to unpack (shucks, maybe even align you through the force fields or galaxies of space) or answer what you are seeking.

You know darn well
When you cast your spell you will get your way
When you hypnotize with your eyes
A heart of stone can turn to clay

And if I wanted to
I could never be free
I never believed it was true
But now it's so clear to me

We like to think that other people are to blame for our inadequacies or they are responsible for us not being able to live to our true potential - but in reality, in actuality, there are times when we become our own worst enemies or become self-saboteurs.  We limit ourselves from reaching our full potential, mainly because we allow others to have the power to limit us when we actually hold that power within us all the time,  or because we don't think we're entitled to it.  We forget that we can produce our own magic, we can believe it to be true and make it so, but we have to believe in it first.  Being magic and doing magic is hard to do if we don't believe in our own magic.  So how can we make others believe we are magic if we are unwilling to see our own magic reflected in those mirrors of self-doubt that we continually look into?  Better grab that cloth and wipe away any fears of self-doubt and stop sabotaging yourself.  I've learned that the you that you see is the residual of your past actions of who you were, not who you are.  So choose now to see the magic in you.
Because I do :-)

You can do magic 
You can have anything that you desire
Magic, and you know
You're the one who can put out the fire. . .