Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Lonely people. . .

This blog post is dedicated to the lonely people who don't want to be labelled lonely anymore. . . 

The funny thing about being a widow is that people automatically assume that since you've been married before, that you must always want to stay married.  Granted circumstances changed because you lost a loved one, but that doesn't mean that you're looking for a replacement for that loved one anytime soon.  The transition period, moving from grief into happiness again, or some semblance of happiness, takes time, a willingness to heal and the ability to be resilient and the desire to continue living, even if that means there is a void where once love stood.

This is for all the lonely people

Thinking that life has passed them by
Don't give up
Until you drink from the silver cup
And ride that highway in the sky



This is for all the single people
Thinking that life has left them dry
Don't give up
Until you drink from the silver cup
You never know until you try

Similarly for single people who are expected to find a partner to share their life with, they also face the challenge of society urging them to not be lonely - to quickly find a partner otherwise you are considered strange, inept at being in a relationships and incapable of passionate love outside the realms of platonic relationships with your friends or familial love with your blood relatives.

Well I'm on my way
Yes I'm back to stay
Well, I'm on my way back home

I think once you've come to that conclusion or you're content or have strengthened your resolve to appreciate that yes, I'm on my way back home from the journey of self-discovery - and I'm quite happy with one of the following choices:

1) being alone until being lonely prompts me to be with someone else
2) enjoying being alone and not actually feeling lonely at all because being with somebody right now is not a priority or 
3) taking life as it comes one day at a time and if meeting someone new somewhere, someday happens - just go with the flow.

This is for all the lonely people
Thinking that life has passed them by
Don't give up
Until you drink from the silver cup
She'll never take you down or
Never give you up
You'll never know until you try. . . 

I hope that you appreciate everything that life throws at you.
I definitely use every single negative experience as a learning journey - there must be something that I need to learn in order to strengthen my character.  Don't get me wrong, I'm as human as the next homosapien and there will be times when I will wallow in self-pity and rage against someone who has done me wrong for as long as I need to vent the hell out of the frustration from my system, but I am confident and courageous.  I will give anything a go and I will always try anything once. Life is meant to be lived, so excuse me while I go on living and walk past that crowd of lonely people that you insist on making me join. . .