Saturday, 28 February 2015

I'm good. . .

                                       This song is dedicated to Rhia Taonui and +Anaru White 

I'm been spending a lot of time with people; people I've known for a long time (over 20 years), people I've known for a few years (work and recent friends) and even people I've only met yesterday (like literally, yesterday).  What resonates for me in this song I'm Good by The Mowglis is the sense of positivity within yourself, because if you're good being you - then the world should be able to relate to you, interact with you positively too.  Of course there might be people that will put you down or try to make you doubt yourself - pay no mind and pay no heed to what they think and say. As long as you're good - that's all good.  The song is part of an anti-bullying movement.

Trying to figure out who I am
Or who I'm supposed to be
Feel good about where I stand
So I can make the most of me
I'm coming back down from space
A million miles away
There's a lot of love in this place
(Oh and I'm just trying to say)


It's been a long time living this way
Worrying what people say
Feeling like I won't fit in
But I won't give up, no I won't give in
We're looking for something more
It's been with you since you were born
Since you were born

It is important to feel a sense of belonging, to know that you have roots somewhere and that you know where you come from.  We all go through life searching for fulfilment, to explore new places and plant some more roots and lay another foundation.  It's a fundamental part of being human.  We are nurtured when we are young, then when we are old enough to venture out, we go and explore new and foreign frontiers - somewhere where our forefathers have never been or established, because the desire is within us to make our mark on the world.  Are you good with that?  I'm good with that.

You only live once 
I'm good with myself  
I'm there with my friends 
Till the very end

If you know that you're only going to live once (past lives and future lives aside) - the living in the 'now' is all the more important.  Making connections and building relationships with people (those people you trust and call friends), sharing that sense of loyalty - backing each other up, telling each other what they need to hear even when they don't want to know - just being there for each other no matter what.  I get the sense in the song that if you only live once, then make sure that you live your best life possible.

I wanna see another love revolution
Find a way to be a better person
If we come together like we should
We could all be good

It can be hard to work with difficult people who you naturally would not click with.  How do we get around this?  In situations like that, I become like water (which can be a challenge for me, being a fire sign and all) and I need to fluid and cool like water, and possibly tone myself down a bit so that I can be less dominant than the other person.  Leos are natural performers and super confident but we're willing to put all of that aside when we want to work together towards a common good.

I'm good, I'm good, I'm good, I'm good
Living life just like I should
Wouldn't change it if I could
I'm good, I'm good, I'm good

I hope that whatever stage of development you're in, with respect to finding something more in your life (I always consider myself a work in progress, final submission when I die y'all), that you reach a plane of goodness.  Live your life the way that you think you should.  Only change if you think that you it would make you the best person to be in the world - with others.  We can steer ourselves into the danger zone where we don't want to change, but we may end up hurting others.  So in the spirit of harmony and being true to living your purpose, live life like you should, because if we come together like we should, we could all be good. . . .