Thursday, 15 January 2015

Best day of my life. . .

American Authors have talked about Best day of my life being an escape from reality, because the world is a crazy place and you sometimes need to create your own 'best day' of your life.

The beginning of a new year heralds thoughts of resolutions, plans and dreams that are waiting to be fulfilled.  Have you started your list of resolutions?  People's lists might look the same, you might even look at tackling the resolutions that you didn't manage to address last year or you might be one of those people who don't really believe the hype or pay attention to such trival things as New Year's resolutions.


I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh (x2)
I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh (x2)

I'm never gonna look back
Whoa, I'm never gonna give it up
No, please don't wake me now. . . 

This year I think I'm not going to look back.
I'm not interested in continuing to do things that are negative or hold me back.  Life is too short to maintain old habits that are detrimental to your progress as an individual, particularly if you are an individual who has some great scope to help others in their own life pathways.

Something happened to me over the Christmas break.
I rediscovered a passion for Music that I hadn't engaged in wholeheartedly for quite some time.
Since I've acknowledged and accepted that this is something that I can no longer suppress - its has added greater value to my outlook on life and where I see how it can contribute to the joy of others.

What am I referring to?  Songwriting.

I howled at the moon with friends
And then the sun came crashing in
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh (x2)
But all the possibilities
No limits just epiphanies

I hear it calling outside my window

I feel it in my soul (soul)
The stars were burning so bright
The sun was out til' midnight
I say we lose control (control)

I can't stress how important it is to surround yourself with great friends who you can howl at the moon with.  I'm actually relishing having more epiphanies this year.  It's only been a couple of weeks but there are almost daily epiphanies that scream "eureka" in my mind when I'm connecting with people or reading through material that relate to my work or is of interest to me.

I think I will be spending more time making new friends and being e en more open to new relationships and friendships.  I'm not saying that I'm in a hurry to get married.  In fact, quite the opposite.  I'm saying that i'm going to have the best day of my life, everyday.  Even if that also means that I might have to consort with some frenemies, that's fine.  I will see that as being necessary to continue to build my character!  Even when you come across some challenging moments and times - just remember that there's always a solution.  There are always practical measures that you can take, processes to follow, discussions to be done to get to those solutions.

I hope that you have the best day of your life today.
I actually hope that you set yourself up to have the best day of your life. . .  for the rest of your life. . .