Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Love of a woman. . .

This blog post is an irie song dedication for +Moana Timoko 

Horace Andy sings about The love of a woman in this song.  Reflecting on the year that was, it has been another year without the cherished love, particularly the intimacy that I miss - and possibly others that I know too, who though they may not be in a similar situation to me, but are in relationships that are not as strong as they want them to be.

I've been enjoying feeling 'the love' this year though in various forms.  It is difficult to be open again to the possibility of love.  I admire how it makes me feel, I mean, anyone who is in love will attest to how much happier they are in life and that even the minor things that would normally get them all riled up, seem trivial and insignificant.



The love of a woman is all I can take
The love of a woman is all I can give
That is all
That is all I can do

The heart of a woman is all I can steal
I did it two times already yeah
Now I'm gonna do it once again
'Cause I'm a man, yes I'm a man
And not a boy

I reflect on the many loves that have been taken, how much love I have given.
It always amazes me that even when love turns sour or it morphs into something that you didn't anticipate, that there is still much to learn from it.  I think the greatest lessons that I have to learn in my lifetime will be to learn from what love has done, what it hasn't, how I show it, how I don't show it, how others show me, how others don't show me, whether it is planned or unplanned, whether it takes me by surprise, whether it seduces me or tries to wear me down - you can't deny that love is, what it is.  There will be many boys who will try to prove to you that they are no longer boys, but that they are in fact men who are now capable of giving you the love that you deserve.  I guess we need to be more discerning about whether or not we choose to accept this transformation right ladies? Or my male friends who also play on my team :-)

Girl..... yeah girl......
Girl......
Hmmm... la la la la.....

The heart of a woman is all I can steal 
I did it two times already yeah
Now I'm gonna do it once again
'Cause I'm a man, yes I'm a man
And not a boy

I'm a man, yes I'm a man
And not a boy. . . 

Reacquainting yourself with previous loves can be challenging, but it also serves to remind you what kind of love you were experiencing with them at that time.  Snapshot love, I call it.  It's an old photo that you take out and look at from time to time and remember the glory days.  Of course, once that previous love irritates you again, the reasons for the relationship ending start to resurface and you put the old photo away or you throw it out.

In any case, I hope that you get your heart stolen many times over.
I've let it get stolen a few times in my lifetime and I plan on keeping myself open to the possibilities of love because I love the way love makes me feel.  Heck, it doesn't mean that I plan on getting married tomorrow, it just means that I will take each day as it comes, especially as we are fast approaching the first new day of the new year.

I hope that the men who have recently left behind their boyhood - show your ladies (or men, if you play on my team too) how much more manly you really are.

Happy New Year everyone.
Keep sharing the love in 2015.