Friday, 12 December 2014

Let your love flow. . .

This blog post is a song request from +Te Mihinga Komene 

There's a reason for the sunshine skies
There's a reason why I'm feeling so high
Must be the season when that love light shines all around us

So let that feeling grab you deep inside
And send you reeling where your love can't hide
And then go stealing through the night with your moonlit lover. . . 

The lyrics of Let your love flow by The Bellamy Brothers make me smile because they speak to me about how love makes you feel, how love is manifested in the way it makes you feel, what you see and how it seems to be embedded in everything around you.  I absolutely believe that to be true.  There is love everywhere.  It's just up to us to let that love flow from ourselves and connect with everything and everyone so that love can continue to grow.




There's a reason for the warm sweet nights
And there's a reason for the candle lights
Must be the season when those love lights shine all around us

So let that wonder take you into space

And lay you under its loving embrace
Just feel the thunder as it warms your face you can't hold back

The explosive nature of love comes from your contact and interaction with someone else.  I think other people become attracted very easily and very quickly to you when they see those love lights shining around you. It can be communicated to us as compliments that might not sit right, but you need to use your discernment I guess to know what is genuine and what seems to have some kind of agenda.

I think the song focuses on the wonderful aspects of love, the goodness of it, the euphoric feelings that make the world that much of a better place to live in, to love in.  When opportunities present themselves, take them, particularly in matters of the heart.  I think our hearts are the most resilient muscle in our bodies.  No matter how many times someone steals it, we give it away, it gets broken or stomped on - it heals every time.  I relish the pain that love brings as much as the joy - because you can't have one without the other.

Just let your love flow like a mountain stream
And let your love grow with the smallest of dreams 
And let your love show and you'll know what I mean it's the season

Let your love fly like a bird on a wing
And let your love bind you to all living things
And let your love shine and you'll know what I mean that's the reason

The beauty of love is often associated with images of nature, because we associate love, true love, with purity and all things natural - it's the most basic, fundamental part of what makes us human.  We can talk about love, but showing love I think is far greater.

This Christmas season I have been focusing on giving.  I'm not really one to buy Christmas presents.  As a child and young adult I was the fervent Christmas card writer, always keen to send Christmas cards to friends the way that people give and receive Valetine's Day cards.  I think I need to return to that again - as it was the most simple and thoughtful way to show people that I cared.  The time that it takes to write words of love (much like me writing my blog posts now that I come to think about) are a way for me to share my love with whoever is reading my words.

I hope that you not only let your love flow, I hope that you let it burst forth from you, that you let your flow soar higher than you've ever let it go, because it will come back to you - more fulfilling than ever before.  There is much to gain from giving.  But you don't just give to get back.  You give love because it's the right thing to do.  So let your love flow.  I'm hoping that you feel my love flow to you. . .