Sunday, 2 November 2014

Restart. . .

Sam Smith has been hailed as the artist to watch for 2014, who blew up iTunes with his debut album.  I've had a listen to his music and of all of his music - this is my favourite track - Restart.  The music video is cute - it follows him and his band on the road to a concert with voiceovers from various appearances and radio interviews he's made.  I think I love the sound so much because it almost seems like a throwback to the 80s / early 90s with the rhythm section.


Relationships are tricky things aren't they?
Depending on what type of relationship you're in (you could be one of those - oh we're just friends, platonic buzz) or you have yet to define what type of relationship it is.  More often than not - people will try to involve themselves in your relationship - but that only happens if you tell them about the relationship or whatever it is you will decide to label it.

Don't say it was a good thing
Don't say it was the right thing to do 
Don't say it was the best thing for both of us
When I'm playing the fool. . . 

So it goes to reason - if you don't tell people about a relationship - then you will actually minimise the dramas associated with said relationship, because there is nobody else interfering with its natural course in the process, unless you choose to involve other people.  And of course, once you tell those people - they can either choose to just be a sounding board, or want to meet your new partner or go over the top and become completely involved and might even awkwardly become the third wheel in the relationship.

But baby you're not on my mind, no more
I know it was the best thing for both of us
'Cause you're the one who looks like a fool. . . 

When the relationship ends and you didn't end it, of course you will be trying to rack your brains trying to figure out what went wrong.  There's the bi polar classic extremes that spring to mind:
1) he/she just wasn't that into you or 2) things got too serious too quickly.

As you come through the end of the tunnel and come to value yourself again (because you'll have eaten every tub of icecream, packet of cookies or drank every bottle of wine or swigged several bottles of bourbon to aid your emotional pain) you'll discover that you're actually - ok.

The worst thing is when the ex turns up again like a bad case of pimples, or a poorly shot sequel that nobody expected coming or an uninvited dinner guest who turns up and makes the dinner party numbers uneven now (some people have no consideration. . ).

What do you want from me when I just wanna restart
You keep coming back for me when you're the one who tore us apart
And the truth is I'm better on my own
And I don't wanna live in the past
So let me restart
So let me restart
So let me restart. . . 

I hope that you're off to a great restart in your life.  It may not necessarily need to be a relationship restart  - it could just be a restart of the new you.  Making a go of things that you previously had never thought possible because you thought you could never expand your horizons alone.  It's good for you to try new things and really think about yourself for a change - be better on your own and no longer live in the past.

So I'll just leave you to it. . . and let you restart. . .