Sunday, 2 November 2014

Billie Jean. . .

I remember the 25th anniversary of Motown and the famous backstory that Michael would only perform in a reunited performance with his brothers if he could perform his new material.  He had the audience on their feet and clapping along - I haven't seen such dedication from a room full of an artist's contemporaries since.

This is the tenth blog post about a song from the legendary King of Pop.
You can't blame me - for several reasons:
1) I'm honouring a song request from my brother in Sydney
2) He's probably one of the single most influential musicians in my life, being a child of the 80s and
3) He's the King of Pop - nobody will ever come close so why deny it . . .


People always told me, be careful what you do
Don't go around breaking young girls' hearts
And Mother always told me be careful of who you love
Be careful what you do, because the lie becomes the truth. . . 

I also remember the backstory to the song, the rumours that surrounded Michael about a woman who claimed to have had a child to him. (All lies of course).  Beat It conjures up many memories for me as a child.  Although today I received some disturbing news that apparently I'm getting married to a man I've never met.  No it's not an arranged marriage - it's the crazy thing about social media.  Someone makes a claim (that is obviously a lie) and I'm supposed to run with it?  I don't think so.

I remember the music video vividly - the concrete pavement that would light up everywhere he walked.  His pink dress shirt, the red bow tie, black pants and black dinner jacket - complete with white socks and shiny black shoes.  His glistening hair, complete with those tendrils that would form the signature jerry curl that one of my eldest brothers would try to emulate on many occasions. . .

Since my husband passed away I haven't really been interested in pursuing a relationship.  Other things have taken precedence, taken priority.  This doesn't mean that I don't talk to men though.  You can't ignore them.  You work alongside them, you worship with them at church, you meet new ones all the time at meetings and conferences, they come to rely on your expertise and experiences for projects they are working on - men are everywhere.

I hope that if people try to spread rumours about you, especially when you are not interested in pursuing a relationship, that you find that person who's spreading those rumours and give them a big fat.............. hug.  Obviously they missed their calling as a Entertainment Tonight reporter or and E! Channel reporter so they fixate on gossip that isn't true.  If you're prone to spreading rumours - think about yourself, and how you would feel if someone did the same to you. . .