Friday, 18 July 2014

Tell em that it's human nature. . .

Human Nature by Michael Jackson signifies to me a dreamy, modern bluesy song about getting out, stepping out to explore the world.   Getting yourself out there and in amongst the mix is important.  It's the only way that you can discover more about yourself, the only way that you should be living - to learn and make a positive difference in someone else's life.

Looking out 
Across the night time
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear her voice
Shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs

Sometimes you can be scared to venture out or not think that you would be able to survive the potential challenges that may ahead.  It's important that you don't let fear rule your life and constantly thinking about the negative consequences.  If something happens, brush it off, pick yourself and continue on your journey.  If things were meant to be easy, I don't think we would be living in this world - the way that it is right now - with so much tragedy, war and futility.

Get me out 
Into the night time
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite

When you finally make the decision to venture out and do something - throw yourself into it, immerse yourself into it, submerge, then emerge and drink it all in.  Other people may not necessarily understand your new lease on life or understand why you think the way you do - they're on their own journey, at their own pace, with their own self-made and societal constraints (well let's be honest - they're restraints too aren't they, because you allowed them to place it there).

Looking out
Across the morning
The city's heart begins to beat
Reaching out
I touch her shoulder
I'm dreaming of the street

To me, dreaming of the street is when you start to reminisce about those real and lived experiences that have lead you to your present moment in time (I mean not reading this blog post, but where you are in your life right now) and the opportunities that now lay themselves at your feet.  I have been offered so many opportunities because of conversations and relationships with people, but more importantly, because of hard work, determination and sheer grit to be a productive person to give as much as possible to others.  I'm not one to blow my own trumpet (but if you know me, technically I can because I learned how to play classical and jazz trumpet lol), but I won't apologise for the passion and absolute sincerity of that passion - because it is what keeps me alive - and it's my ManuMission - something you need to check out if you're a recent follower of my blog.

If they say - 
Why why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why why, does he do me that way
If they say - 
Why why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why why, does he do me that way
I like livin' this way. . . 

Whatever is in your human nature, make sure that you value how you interact with other humans, it should be in our nature.