Wednesday, 21 May 2014

I won't let the paint fade. . .

Hang a picture on the wall of me and you now
So as time passes by, you'll always be around
I won't let it come down
I won't let it come down, come down
I won't let the paint fade   -   Paint Fade by Smashproof featuring Drew Neemia.



I can say that the picture on the wall of you and me, doesn't just hang on the wall, but it also hangs in the recesses of my mind, the quiet place I go to in a room full of noisy people, it hangs in my heart where your smile never fades and replicates the smile on my own face.  

Still working hard at what you told me to do
And at the rate I'm going, I'mma be there soon
And every other week I dream that you alive
Not a day that go by, I don't think of you

You always knew I was a hard worker.  It was one of the things that you admired about me and I knew it made you proud, because after you had left this earth, your family and friends would tell me.
Your friends who I didn't really know, came up to me in the week that I was preparing to say goodbye to you and it was overwhelming to see and hear how much you affected, touched and inspired so many people.  I think about how much you've missed, but I know you know - you were always intuitive like that.  All the things I wanted to share with you, that I thought we would have a physical lifetime to share, but it was not meant to be.

Don't let the paint fade, don't let the paint fade
Don't let the paint fade, don't let the paint fade

You won't have to worry about the paint fading.
I paint your name every time I sign it, so that when time passes I think about how much you would be proud to know how much all of the dreams and plans we had made, have come true.

I'm finding it hard to get some sleep tonight as it marks one year ago today that you slipped away.
It was just your way.  You didn't make a fuss, left in your own time.  You'll never know how much you've taught me.  I will cherish everything you've ever done for me.  If God saw fit to take you because I must walk my path alone, then I will step with no fear.

Hang a picture on the wall of me and you now
So as time passes by, you'll always be around
I won't let it come down
I won't let it come down, come down
I won't let the paint fade

High five God for me, my Love
My Funny Valentine :-)

RIP Loma Junior Semeatu
Sunset - 22nd May 2013, 6:17am, Akl, NZ.