Friday, 18 April 2014

This brings tears to my eyes . . . my sacrifice. . .

There's something poignant about a lone electric guitar when it starts a song.
You can hear the subtle slides up and down the fretboard, the gentle picking of the melody, how the guitarist lets certain notes hang in the air like it's trying to suspend time.  But then everything comes to life when the full band kicks in with the distortion in the rhythm guitar, the pumping bass line and the driving rhythm of the drums with its fills - the syncopated accents on the snare, the well-timed crashes and the constant heart beating of the ride.

Hello my friend we meet again
It's been a while, where should we begin
Feels like forever
Within my heart are memories
Of perfect love that you gave to me
Oh I remember

I think about him and Him.
When I feel that I've lost my way, when I'm knee-deep in situations, on my knees in despair, head filled to the brim almost about to explode, or head swimming, almost drowning with the burden of everything all at once - but then I think about my sacrifice - which is no greater, actually less worthy than someone else who died for me - yet He felt like I was, worthy that is.
And when he comes to mind, I know he would want me to be happy and know that his memory will live in my surname and I will tell the world who he is by sharing who He is to me. At least through my deeds and actions towards others.  Helping others who mistreat you is such a huge sacrifice - because even when you die, they will never appreciate what you did for them until it's too late.

We've seen our share of ups and downs
Oh how quickly life can turn around
In an instant
It feels so good to reunite
Within yourself and within your mind
Let's find peace there

This verse speaks to me about the fact that, whatever is going on in your world, all around you, the greatest gift you can give to yourself is inner peace - cultivate it, grow it, hold onto it, don't let others try to rob you of it (especially to make themselves feel better, and most importantly if they are busy judging you, instead of really listening to you and what you're about), I'm talking about that happy place in your mind where you go to feel good within yourself and within your mind - because if you're smart - nobody can touch that or take that from you - unless you let them.

I just want to say hello again
I just want to say hello again

When you are with me, 
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others, we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice

I take comfort in knowing that he is always with me, in the music that I hear everyday.  Everytime I saw him, he was always showing me new songs that he had heard and thought was really good, and then would start showing off about other harmonies that he could sing, that weren't found in the song!
His laughter still rings in my ears, his smiling face fills my heart.
When I was with him, I was careless - I didn't have a care in the world, because we were in our own world - without other people, other pressures, we had dreams and aspirations, ideas, thoughts and perspectives - we harmonised in spite of the disharmony, despite the cacophony.
And who better to remind me how far we will fly but Him.

Thank you for Your sacrifice.  It is Your life that we celebrate, You gave Your life so we could live.
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice . . . is time

I will fill the time, until I can say hello again to you.

In remembrance of loved ones who are not with us this Easter xxx