Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Thoughts and ideas about the world, with the world, in the world

I've always thought about sharing my views and perspectives about my experiences, what I'm passionate about, what I have learned (and continue to learn) with the rest of the world.

I'm interested in notions of culture - both inherited and learned - what shapes our words, feelings and deeds that dictate how we evolve as human beings and more importantly as learners.  There will be discussions about other topics too, such as education, e-Learning, future-focused education, indigenous perspectives, frameworks, values, models, music (what I make and create - not who I am), poetry, visual art, performing arts, learners, teachers, facilitators, even talk of light-bringers, light-dwellera (hate light-dimmers and light-stealers!).

The multi-layered contexts of education in which I find myself being thrust upon (blame good teachers who nurtured the love for life-long learning) was first instilled by parents who migrated to chase the Aotearoa Dream.  Political discussions have since developed around Pasifika peoples and their presence in the Land of the Long White Cloud.  Learning how to blend both histories spoken through ancestors and documents, cherished and stored in song, dance and recitation - blending and often at times bleeding with the histories learned in formal schooling education continue.  Where it will lead and the legacies, shift and directions we find ourselves in - is anybody's guess - the question is, where do you see yourself?  How are you perceived by others?

This blog hopes and promises to explore many spaces, contexts, relationships, interconnections (maybe even the complete opposite), that interest the writer and hopefully will find resonance with readers to reflect and share about their own.